Certain files not appearing when copied to Desktop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CrystalDream

Certain files not appearing when copied to Desktop

Post by CrystalDream »

I'm a sort of new user here, but I've had this issue several times before...
I'm in Mint 16 using KDE.
What happens is that when I copy certain files to the Desktop, they don't show up. Most of the work completely fine though. The files ARE actually there somehow, because when I try to copy them again, I get the message telling me to rename/overwrite/skip files etc. I think I remember in the past several times I could go to the folder in Dolphin and it would be there, but this time I checked and it wasn't even showing up there. I've tried showing hidden files, and using root, still not there, but it's not anything special usually.
To be specific, this time, I'm trying to extract a folder to the desktop. I just tried to extract it into the desktop folder in Dolphin and it just worked. It showed up in the folder plus the desktop. So why not when I try to dump things directly to the desktop?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Certain files not appearing when copied to Desktop

Post by richyrich »

You have other more important things to think about . .
I'm in Mint 16 using KDE.
Posted by one of our fine forum administrators : Still using Linux Mint 14, 15, or 16? Upgrade to 17 asap!
CrystalDream

Post by CrystalDream »

Argh, what for? That seems like such a hassle to upgrade without losing my beloved setup. I've looked into it and heard that there's not really any need.
Unless that's what's gonna fix this issue?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Just a FYI , the repository servers have been either moved or taken down . . so no more installs, updates, or upgrades. No security fixes.

Return to “Software & Applications”