How do you get bouncing icons and animations on kde desktop?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

How do you get bouncing icons and animations on kde desktop?

Post by phd21 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm using Linux Mint 17.1 KDE and I love it. Years ago, when I first was testing the various versions of Linux Mint, I remember bouncing icons and spinning cubes, etc... when starting an application, etc... But since I installed Linux Mint 16 kde awhile ago, I haven't seen any of that. KDE is the only version that works well with my current hardware and it works really well. I would like to know if there is a way to get those animations back and be able to turn it off or on as desired. So, do any of you know how to do this? Thank you...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
iniusman

Re: How do you get bouncing icons and animations on kde desk

Post by iniusman »

is bouncing icons = little bouncing icon near cursor?
system settings >> application and system notifications >> launch feedback >> busy cursor : bouncing cursor

desktop cube
system settings >> desktop effect >> effect for desktop switching : desktop cube animation
Exodus_life
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Exodus_life »

just found this thread,i like this option\feature
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

iniusman wrote:is bouncing icons = little bouncing icon near cursor?
system settings >> application and system notifications >> launch feedback >> busy cursor : bouncing cursor

desktop cube
system settings >> desktop effect >> effect for desktop switching : desktop cube animation
Hi iniusman,

Thank you for your prompt and accurate reply. Your instructions worked. Are there any other cool effects, animations, and such that can be added or turned on for the desktop?
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
iniusman

Post by iniusman »

hi,
plenty of effects can be turned on/off from : system settings >> desktop effect >> 'all effects' tab

window switcher (alt+tab effect) also have settings at : system settings >> window behavior

Return to “Software & Applications”