[SOLVED] Software Manager Won't Open in KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psebastian21

[SOLVED] Software Manager Won't Open in KDE

Post by psebastian21 »

Hey there guys, I'm new to both the site and Linux Mint, and have a small amount of experience with ubuntu. So I just installed Linux Mint MATE x64 No Codecs in the regular dual boot setup and then installed KDE plasma from software manager in MATE. Then when I log in to KDE and try to open the software manager from the launcher, it just won't go, though it does work in MATE. I don't know how to look into system logs or whatever, so please if you want to help me, be very specific and don't assume I am a console master or anything, but I can follow instructions if given correctly.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
iniusman

Re: Software Manager Won't Open in KDE

Post by iniusman »

(in KDE) can you open Software Manager from console?
please open konsole and try this command :

Code: Select all

kdesudo mintinstall
If something wrong, usually konsole will give us a clue with error message.

If you can open Software Manager from console, but can't open from launcher, then probably the launcher forgot to ask password (kdesudo) before open Software Manager (mintinstall).
psebastian21

Re: Software Manager Won't Open in KDE

Post by psebastian21 »

Konsole told me that kdesudo was not installed, so I installed it issuing the apt-get command and then tried to open the software manager again. It did open, but konsole showed the following warnings

Code: Select all

(kdesudo:4353): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(kdesudo:4353): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
Is this something to worry about or should I just let it be?
iniusman

Re: [SOLVED] Software Manager Won't Open in KDE

Post by iniusman »

That is not something to worry. Maybe 'gtk3-engines-oxygen' or 'gtk2-engines-oxygen' not installed. With 'gtk engines oxygen' we have visual consistency between gtk and qt-based applications (because all will use oxygen theme).

Return to “Software & Applications”