fileWatcher plasmoid not updating

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wintermute115

fileWatcher plasmoid not updating

Post by wintermute115 »

I recently switched from Kubuntu to Mint 17.1 KDE, and everything's been working fine, but in the last couple of days, I've been experiencing a problem.

I have a fileWatcher plasmoid pointed at a logfile generated by a perl script, and for some reason, the plasmoid isn't updating when the file changes. I've removed old entries (down from 250KB to 8KB), in case the problem was that the file was getting too big to be processed properly, but that hasn't made any difference. All the relevant Google results seem to be five or more years old, so I'm not sure how helpful they're going to be.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: fileWatcher plasmoid not updating

Post by richyrich »

Yes, it's a bug in the plasmoid, many are affected, folks at KDE have stated that they resolved it, but the bug has not been fixed, so it's been re-opened again and again . . :x

Just one of the ref: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=203956
wintermute115

Re: fileWatcher plasmoid not updating

Post by wintermute115 »

Hrm. This has been working for me for a couple of years, up until a few days ago. I'm not convinced that a bug from 2009 is the cause. I might try getting my logger to rename the file for a couple of seconds, and then put it back, and see if that fixes it, though.

Is there an error log I could look at to see if the plasmoid is reporting any problems?

Return to “Software & Applications”