Mint 17.1?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dsneedmd

Mint 17.1?

Post by dsneedmd »

Running a virtual Mint 17 KDE, if I keep updating with Update Manager will I automatically get 17.1 or do I have to do something more?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: Mint 17.1?

Post by WinterTroubles »

Once 17.1KDE is availabe as a stable release a new update manager will appear (a few days after the release of the stable ISO download) as a standard update and that update manager will include an option to upgrade to 17.1 under 'edit'.
mr_raider
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mr_raider »

Anyone know which version of plasma 17.1 will run?
dsneedmd

Post by dsneedmd »

I guess the recent update from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8 wasn't the 17.1 update. When I look under edit I don't see anything that looks like an update of the kernel option.
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

dsneedmd wrote:I guess the recent update from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8 wasn't the 17.1 update. When I look under edit I don't see anything that looks like an update of the kernel option.
No, you'll have to wait a little while I'm afraid. As far as I'm aware 17.1KDE hasn't entered testing yet and once it does you will still have to wait for it to be approved for stable release and the appropriate update manager version to be released.

I believe the change of update manager from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8 was due to it mistakenly offering the upgrade option on versions that are not yet available, which obviously could have lead to problems if selected.

According to the Mint blog Clem is expecting the KDE and Xfce versions to be available some time around the end of the month.
The same upgrade path will be available for the Xfce and KDE editions, after they are released as stable 17.1 at the end of the month.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

by mr_raider on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 am
Anyone know which version of plasma 17.1 will run?
I see 4.14.2 in the Rebecca repository.
dsneedmd

Post by dsneedmd »

Thanks for reply. When update available please let us know. Or let us know where to watch. Thanks again,
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

dsneedmd wrote:Thanks for reply. When update available please let us know. Or let us know where to watch. Thanks again,

All releases are announced on the Linux Mint blog and those announcements are linked to in the Releases & Announcements section of these forums, http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=143
konjad

Post by konjad »

It's in the testing phase already, so it should be out within a week or two.
EmpireITtech

Post by EmpireITtech »

Return to “Software & Applications”