KJots and KMail apparent conflict

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RonC

KJots and KMail apparent conflict

Post by RonC »

I'm having two related problems with these two KDE utilities:
I think this originated because I was trying to troubleshoot KDE problems (other problems, not this one) by swapping .kde directories, the one with a problem with an earlier one, presumably without the problem. This was done by renaming (using extensions such as .old, bck, and so forth) but not copying, since I thought this would guarantee no problems with permissions.

However, when the original directory was swapped back, although the boot went fine, these followng problems were noted.

First, my KMail mailboxes appeared, fully loaded, in the KJots left-hand panel, and caused slowness, freezing and crashing of this program. I saw no way to reverse this -- did I miss something, and where was it?

The crashing could only be stopped by deleting the boxes. However, I then discovered they were deleted in KMail, as well.

Is there any way I can get these empty 'Notes' headings out of KJots and try to get back to normal operation. I already reinstalled both the KJots and Knotes utilities, without solving anything.

:?: Please advise -- can I recover, or do I have to reinstall something else? If the second option is correct, please advise what that should be.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”