Dual monitor with "moved" image

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gperez-tl

Dual monitor with "moved" image

Post by gperez-tl »

Hi. I installed Linux Mint KDE 17 and I'm quite happy. I'm just having an issue with my second monitor that makes me nervous.

Issue is that the image is "moved". Not sure how to explain this in english. But hope this graphic helps:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yu0ysn.jpg (Sorry I'm not embedding it here, but forum says "Your images may only be up to 320 pixels wide...")

The first square is the normal behavior. Left pixels is 0, right pixel is 1440.

Second square represents my problem. Zero is "moved" to the right. And the overflow of the right appears in the left.

I must say this may have to do with my previous linux version backup. I used "Backup Tool" to install my Linux Mint 16 packages and Home folder. So, I know all that my old "home" folder override my new home hidden folders. But I had a backup copy of my hidden folders, and even if i restore them the issue continues.

What could it be?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zalbor

Re: Dual monitor with "moved" image

Post by Zalbor »

If I understood correctly, part of the picture appears on both monitors? If that's the case, can you go to System Settings > Screen Settings (or whatever it's called; I'm not on my own computer right now) and make sure that the two rectangles aren't overlapping?
gperez-tl

Post by gperez-tl »

Hi. Thanks for replying.

Options in System Setting are pretty poor. I just can Drag the two monitors... you know, put the first in the place of the second. And of course, change the resolution (but I'm quite sure that this is not the problem)

Also, notice that resolutions works fine when I organize my monitors like: B - A. I mean, they look fine, but i don't want to have them in that order. I want then like A - B. Problem occurs when I drag and drop them in that order.

Problem is with one monitor only. If you see the jpg I pasted before, I was trying to explain that the image of my second monitor is "moved". The first monitor is fine, and it's not overlapping the second monitor.

Look, Mint 17 was working well on first boot. Issue occurred after restoring my Mint 16 backups and restarting computer.
gperez-tl

Post by gperez-tl »

I reinstalled Linux Mint Qiana. And then, I installed just a few packages of my old Mint 16, like skype, apache2, etc. None of them had to do with graphics (as far as i understand). Then I reboot machine and it happened again! My second monitor is "moved".

I tried to make a screenshot but it's strange, the screen shot looks good! :o
gperez-tl

Post by gperez-tl »

Today I reinstalled by third time. This time I didn't installed anything from my old Mint 16. It's a fresh install, and I just runned apt-get upgrade. After half an hour the process finished and I rebooted my computer. And the problem appeared. So this has to do with new release itself, not with my old config.

Someone else with the same issue around here?

Return to “Software & Applications”