[solved]upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rejean
Level 1
Level 1

[solved]upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Post by rejean »

Hi all!
I feel quite silly to tell you the truth. Last week I was playing around with KDE in Linux Mint Qiana late at night and I don't know what I did but I ended up with the Desktop being upside down. After trying to remedy the situation for awhile I gave up and went to bed. Is there a way to fix this problem? I've been using Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS since which were already installed. I could easily reinstall but wouldn't mind learning how to fix KDE in case it ever happen again to me or someone else.
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Post by all41 »

Menu/System Settings/Display and Monitor click on the purple arrow twice to rotate your screen. Then click apply.
The mouse will work better to do this if you turn it backwards.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
rejean
Level 1
Level 1

Re: upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Post by rejean »

Thanks a million all41. It worked like a charm. Funny that I saw that icon earlier and it didn't occured to me that this was the key.
vatch24

Re: [solved]upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Post by vatch24 »

My purple arrow doesnt do anything at all. Is there another way. My screen suddenly turned upside down without me playing with the system at all, but my purple arrow doesnt change that....
vatch24

Re: [solved]upside-down KDE in Linux Mint 17

Post by vatch24 »

That was scary! finally I came up wit the command xrandr -o normal which made the whole screen shrink into one quarter of my monitor BUT not upside down anymore. The I restarted the xserver and its back to normal!
:?: :?: :?: :?:

Return to “Software & Applications”