Kmail eating up gigabytes of data

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
konjad

Kmail eating up gigabytes of data

Post by konjad »

I set up a Kmail account and there was no way to decide where to put the data on the disk, so I thought I'll just use it online only, I did not check "Enable disconnected mode". However soon after I noticed there is 2 GB of free space on my disk less. I though I got something wrong, I removed all accounts and set it up all again. I lost another 2 GB of my disk space. I cannot find out where does Kmail save it to nor how to disable downloading the data on the disk or even how to delete those mails from the disk (and not from the server). Could somebody help me please? My OS is set up on a small SSD partition, I can't waste so much space of it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Kmail eating up gigabytes of data

Post by LindseyD. »

Under Settings ->Configure KMail You should have an icon for Accounts.

Under Accounts you should have 2, one for the one you set up and one for Local Folders.

If you click Local Folders, then click Modify, it should tell you where the mail is being saved, and you have the option to change it.

In my case, mail is being saved in /home/MyUserName/.local/share/local-mail

Hope this helps.
Mint17 KDE

Return to “Software & Applications”