Dell Laptop freezes after lid closed - KDE Wallet problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GraniteGolem

Dell Laptop freezes after lid closed - KDE Wallet problem

Post by GraniteGolem »

Hello all,

firstly, I chose Mint KDE among many other Linux distributives because 1) it has all necessary drivers for my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and 2) it doesn't freeze when I close the lid and then open it ("action on lid close" is set to "do nothing"). (Kubuntu was the second option - and the last, as I can see.)

But after some time I began to observe the same illness: when I close the lid and then open it again, the laptop is frozen: the screen is black and the keyboard doesn't react. Finally, I found the source of it: when I start the system, KDE Wallet asks for the password, and when I give it nothing and close the lid with this "password request" window on the desktop, the laptop freezes.

Is there a good solution for this problem? Some KDE Wallet update? Or some settings must be tuned?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: Dell Laptop freezes after lid closed - KDE Wallet proble

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

I use Mint17 Mate and Cinnamon on my 1525 and studio 1535, everything works as expected.
I had to use at the beginning some settings at boot (nomodeset and radeon.pm=1)
but since I switched to kernel 3.15 everything is real smooth (just had to install i8k to get the readings from the fan )

Return to “Software & Applications”