KDE Theme Question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adam22

KDE Theme Question

Post by adam22 »

Hi all,

Just installed Mint 16 KDE. Have been playing around with themes, and have noticed that none of them have changed the color of the taskbar at the bottom...is this possible to do?

Also, any clarity on GTK vs KDE 4 vs Theme Manager themes?

Edit: I was under appearance and colors...now I see additional options under workspace appearance. A little confused on all the differences..window decorations, desktop theme, etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: KDE Theme Question

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to KDE :wink: System settings can be a confusing place at first. I never did manage to fully understand how to theme KDE, but the new visual design group of KDE project is IIRC also looking at making system settings more clear and understandable for mortals.
gtsfer

Re: KDE Theme Question

Post by gtsfer »

This is probably way off base and useless in KDE. In LMDE I can right click on the taskbar and select "Properties". From in there there is a "Background" tab where you can mess with settings to some degree. I don't know if KDE has this option, just a thought.
Taskbar Properties.png
Zalbor

Post by Zalbor »

Most desktop themes use their own colour. There are some that "listen" to your options, though. I use Aya.

Return to “Software & Applications”