Win key functions

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cochese

Win key functions

Post by cochese »

Hello all,

Yesterday I accidentally hit the windows key (super key?) when I thought I hit shift and began typing the word soft. My desktop went black, my widgets disappeared, a new activities tab appeared. From my panel my application launcher disappeared and so did the update manager notifier. What the heck did I do? Been searching for several hours now but can't seem to find an answer.
The big question is... Is there a way to undo whatever happened and return to the previous state?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cochese

Re: Win key functions

Post by cochese »

I also notice now that since posing this things I save to the desktop show up in the desktop folder but not on the actual desktop.
cochese

Post by cochese »

I cannot even copy and paste items to the desktop
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

You may be on another virtual desktop. See System Settings/Workspace Behaviour settings.
Try Ctrl+F1 to return to Desktop 1
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
cochese

Post by cochese »

Nope, checked for other desktops. As near as I can tell I have just one. I pressed the windows key and began typing the word soft, everything went black and I had to essentially rest everything on my desktop.
hydrurga
Level 5
Level 5

Post by hydrurga »

Have you tried right-clicking on the background of the desktop itself and checking that the bottom item of the context menu reads "Folder Settings"?

If it is not set to that, click on "Folder Settings" and change Layout to Folder.

Return to “Software & Applications”