Invalid QMI message

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theo.langsnoer

Invalid QMI message

Post by theo.langsnoer »

Hi everyone,

For connecting to the internet I use a Huawei broad band dongle. Unfortunately, every now and then, sometimes every 5 minutes, and another time every half our, the connection stops, just out of the blue. /var/log/syslog shows the following message everytime the connection stops:

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Invalid QMI message received: 'TLV value runs over buffer (0x16a0c10 + 24074 > 0x16a0c5d)'

I googled this problem for quite some time but without any success. This forum is my last hope to find a solution for this problem.

I run Linux Mint 17.2 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. The dongle connects to a CDMA network.

output of uname -a:
Linux Hans-Mint 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 8 09:43:57 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

output of lsusb:
ID 12d1:140c Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E180v

Hope to hear from one of you.

Kind regards,
Hans
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”