Can't connect to another WiFi AP

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HankB

Can't connect to another WiFi AP

Post by HankB »

Hi folks,
Situation: Connected to one AP and there is another better one. Both are encrypted with WPA2. I click on the second one and it never completes the connection. If I hover over the applet in the panel, it informs me that it needs a password. I am ready to enter the password. but never get a popup requesting same.

How can I resolve this?

I used to be able to right click on the applet in the panel and click on 'edit connections' but that is disabled.

Mint 17.3 Rosa 64 bit.

Thanks!

Edit: Fixed by rebooting. <sigh> I had left home and forgotten to unmount an NFS share. That keeps the file browser from starting up and apparently that causes problems for the network applet. I seemed unable to manually unmount the NFS share. It became expedient to just shutdown and restart. I really dislike that that is now useful for Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Can't connect to another WiFi AP

Post by cwsnyder »

First check that there is a script called nfs]/b] in /etc/init.d
If there is, you should be able to stop your nfs service and restart without restarting your computer by performing an

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/nfs stop
then

Code: Select all

etc/init.d/nfs start
Or, as you have found out, restarting your system.

Return to “Networking”