Unable to connect to my university network

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bsanoginux

Unable to connect to my university network

Post by bsanoginux »

Hello everyone

I'm using Linux Mint 17.3. I can't connect to my university wifi, although it's possible to connect at home and other wifi.
For other wifi networks, I can get the identification panel (username and password) but for my university, it get nothing. Someone know what happen or have an idea?

Thank you very much
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zman58

Re: Unable to connect to my university network

Post by zman58 »

Does your university have a Linux Users Group? I would check to find out, they would know details on getting connected.
Does your university have a help desk for IT. Call them and ask specifically what to do to get connected.
If they are any kind of serious leaning and teaching institution they will support Linux. It would be a very huge negative for them to ignore it.
There are may ways to prevent computers from connecting to networks, so you want them to know you expect their network to accommodate your Linux system.
This is partly what you pay them for and it is very reasonable for you to expect support on this from them.
bsanoginux

Re: Unable to connect to my university network

Post by bsanoginux »

I'm not sure that there is a Linux Users group in my university (ww.uqac.ca)
An other thing is, if you call informatic service, they will not help because if your device is personal one, nothing (this is their). Because I got once problem with my windows 10, and tell me that, so I fixed by myself.

Here is the link for wifi setting of my university (http://wifi.uqac.ca/etudiants/). this is for student. I try to do it manually but failed. I'm new user of linux. :D

Thank for your help

Return to “Networking”