Wifi suddenly stopped working in Mint 17.1

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VCARD999

Wifi suddenly stopped working in Mint 17.1

Post by VCARD999 »

Version: Linux Mint 17.1 MATE 64-bit
Problem: WiFi networks are detected but connection can't happen. When I select a network to connect, the twirling 'thinking' icon flashes momentarily and then straight back to the disconnected network port icon.

The wifi on the laptop did not work originally and I had to follow some online advice to get it working. I think I installed some drivers off github and I definitely switched to kernel version 3.16.0-34, which I'm still on. However the old problem was an unstable connection.

Since the computer cannot access the Internet, I attach an image with the output of mintWifi.py Image.

I have just moved house and am trying to connect to different networks here. However, none of the networks I can see here get as far as requesting password. There have been no relevant system updates installed recently either.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”