login-data on each connect

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tschac

login-data on each connect

Post by tschac »

Hello everybody,

I connect to the internet by the wlan-connection of my university. This connection is called eduroam and every member of the university has its one login-data (username and password). While I configured the connection I entered my username and also my personal password. The connection works fine but every user on this laptop uses my personal login-data. I found a solution to ask for reentering the password, so nobody without my personal password can use the wlan right now. But i am looking for a possibility to be asked for both, username AND password each time i connect to the network eduroam.

I hope my english was good enough to point my problem.

I'm not sure which information can be usefull. Anyway here are some details:
Operationgsystem: Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
Cinnamon-Version: 2.6.13
Linux-Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic
Laptop: Toshiba Tecra A11-127

If you need any other information, please dont kill me, just ask :wink:

Thanks for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: login-data on each connect

Post by Cosmo. »

If you have to enter your credentials, there should be at the bottom an arrow, which can click to open advanced settings. There you can choose whether or not the password gets stored.
tschac

Re: login-data on each connect

Post by tschac »

Thanks for your quik answer.

I just deleted all wlan configurations together with all saved data. Then I started a new test and if I had to enter my login name, there was not such little arrow (i looked for it several times :wink: ). Not even for the password this possibility was given. If I go to the network setting after I configured the wlan 'eduroam' there is a menu security where I can decide to be asked for the password each time, but not for the username. :(

I also tried to connect to hidden networks (found this tipp in another thread). In this case, I can connect to eduroam with new credentials but users have to know the network configuration (security, legitimation, certificats and so on).

Return to “Networking”