Need help with Wifi Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ryanbersa

Need help with Wifi Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac

Post by ryanbersa »

Hi all,

I am having the same problem with my yoga 3. Tried the traditional method but doesnt work. See picture attached.

We want to move all 10 our office pcs to Linux but looks like we are off to a bad start :(

Ryan
Screenshot from 2015-08-09 18_50_48.png
---
karlchen wrote:Split off this report from the original thread <SOLVED> Need help with Wifi Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac, because it had already been marked "solved" by its OP. So who would have suspected a new unresolved problem report at the end?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Need help with Wifi Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Ryan.
I am having the same problem with my yoga 3. Tried the traditional method but doesnt work. See picture attached.
I am not quite sure what "the traditional method" is supposed to be?
Looking at the screenshot I am not sure that it displays some kind of problem. Have you clicked on the [Apply Changes] button?

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

ryanbersa,

What kernel are you using

Code: Select all

uname -a

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
The | is what I get on my US keyboard layout when I use the Shift with the \ key
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

@ryansbersa:

I just installed Mint 17.2 into a machine with a Broadcom wifi card and couldn't install the driver from the Driver Manger; same as you I suppose. It just wouldn't finish the "Apply Changes" option.
I solved it by opening up Terminal and running

sudo apt-get update
After this the Broadcom driver installed perfectly. Please note: you'll need an internet connection before running the command, so you need to connect your machine via ethernet.

BTW: strangely, although the driver manager reported that the wifi card wasn't working (before installing the driver),

ping 8.8.8.8 -c 4
worked perfectly. If this occurs for you, you can skip connecting the machine to ethernet and just run "sudo apt-get update" before installing the Broadcom driver. :)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Networking”