how to make a wifi hotspot on my linux mint 17.2?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Reaction_404
Level 1
Level 1

how to make a wifi hotspot on my linux mint 17.2?

Post by Reaction_404 »

I'm trying this wonderful linux, and I wondered if the terminal can activate an access point and windows (only inserting a few lines of code and go!), but at the same time having to browse internet. as I solve this, I appreciate your help very much! :D :D :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: how to make a wifi hotspot on my linux mint 17.2?

Post by Pierre »

as in internet connection sharing?.
- not strictly WiFi

you've probably found out that things aren't quite as straight forward as connecting one machine with an Ethernet cable,
to the computer that has the DSL/cable modem.

The secret is that everything comes down to having a gateway. ..
- The easiest way of acquiring a gateway for your home network is to buy a cable/DSL router.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Reaction_404
Level 1
Level 1

Re: how to make a wifi hotspot on my linux mint 17.2?

Post by Reaction_404 »

mmm I not necessarily have to buy a router, but I've seen some videos of how to make a point of access from my laptop which is connected via Wi-Fi, but you have to install several programs and for me as knowing which is whichIt served.

Return to “Networking”