Wifi dropping after update

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rlritter1

Wifi dropping after update

Post by rlritter1 »

Hey all. It's been a while since I last posted (which is a good thing). Something strange just happened when I did an update. It seems as though my wifi will not stay up but for so long and then it drops without warning, and the only way to get it back is to restart the system. Turning the wifi off then back on doesn't even work. The last updates I installed before realizing what happened were mintupdate 4.9.0 to 4.9.2, mint-upgrade-info 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, and irqbalance 1.0.6-2ubuntu0.14.04.1 to 1.0.6-2ubuntu0.14.04.2. Thinking it would solve the problem, I went ahead and installed the latest upgrade to linux mint 17.2 rafaela, but unfortunately it did not work. I know one of the three updates must be the culprit because everything was a-ok yesterday and the only thing I have done to change things were those updates. I don't know if it will help, but here is the result of my inxi -Fxz:

Code: Select all

System:    Host: ritter-SH67H Kernel: 3.16.0-38-generic i686 (32 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) 
           Desktop: Cinnamon 2.6.11 (Gtk 3.10.8) Distro: Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela
Machine:   System: Shuttle product: SH67H version: V1.0
           Mobo: Shuttle model: FH67H version: 1.0 Bios: American Megatrends version: 2.03 date: 02/19/2013
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i7-3770 CPU (-HT-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB flags: (lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 27137.2 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1683.398 MHz 2: 1634.390 MHz 3: 1600.921 MHz 4: 1700.00 MHz 5: 1620.046 MHz 6: 1697.742 MHz 7: 1656.437 MHz 8: 1756.312 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0 
           X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1200x720@59.9hz 
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Desktop x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.3 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.16.0-38-generic
Network:   Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller 
           driver: r8169 ver: 2.3LK-NAPI port: e000 bus-ID: 05:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Ralink RT5370 Wireless Adapter driver: rt2800usb ver: 2.3.0 usb-ID: 002-003
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 4000.8GB (37.0% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: Hitachi_HDS5C302 size: 2000.4GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: WDC_WD2002FAEX size: 2000.4GB 
Partition: ID: / size: 1.8T used: 751G (44%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 17.07GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
RAID:      No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8C mobo: 27.8C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 191 Uptime: 22 min Memory: 620.9/16140.8MB Runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.4 
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.11) inxi: 1.9.17 
Please help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rlritter1

Re: Wifi dropping after update

Post by rlritter1 »

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that my wife has a laptop with linux mint 17 as well and her computer is doing the same thing after the same updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

rlritter1 wrote:installed the latest upgrade to linux mint 17.2 rafaela, but unfortunately it did not work.
What do you mean with "did not work". Your inxi-report shows, that you have 17.2.

Your inxi-report shows also, that you have the new kernel 3.16. Although is is the recommended kernel and gets installed with a new installation of LM 17.2, this kernel does not get installed, when you upgrade LM. For my understanding this means, you have installed this kernel yourself, but you did not mention it in your post.

Chances are, that the new kernel is the cause for your problem. Hopefully you did not remove the previous kernel (otherwise you would have to install it anew), so do the following:

Immediately after powering on press and hold the shift-key. This will present you the grub-menu. Open the submenu for old versions and select the old kernel and boot. Test it.
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

It did not work means it didn't fix the wifi problem. 17.2 installed successfully, yes. But my attempt was to fix the wifi issue. I really don't think the kernel is the problem. While waiting on a reply my wife and I have been doing some research and it turns out that the irqbalance may be the problem. She and I both went into the synaptic and downgraded it to the previous version and so far so good (fingers crossed). As stated, the only thing that changed, before upgrading to 17.2, was those three updates. That is when the wifi issue reared it's ugly head. If the kernel got updated due to the upgrade, then that was just an added update along with Rafaela. The wifi issue was already there before that. We are hoping this solved the problem. I will let you know otherwise.

Thanks!
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Ok. Just out of curiosity, I went and looked at the older kernels I had available and it reminded me that I haven't done a kernel upgrade in quite some time, and the new 17.2 didn't install one, just as you said. So, that being said, it couldn't have been the kernel. Just as I was finishing posting my last reply the wifi dropped again. I've tried to just remove the irqbalance to see if that works. Otherwise, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Crazy questions: What exactly is the irqbalance and what does it do? Is it necessary for my system? Could it possibly be what has caused the problem?
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Dropped again even after removing irqbalance! I'm at a total loss!
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Ok. Here's what I've tried so far. I've tried reverting back to a previous kernel, 3.13.0-24, even though it has been quite some time since I used it. No dice. I also tried stepping up to the next kernel on the list from what I have, 3.16.0-39. Still no go. I really don't understand what is going on here. I have done nothing since yesterday when everything worked perfectly except install those three updates I mentioned. Then, in an effort to try and fix the problem, I upgraded to mint 17.2 rafaela. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? I'm stumped!
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

I would power off the wireless access point and turn it back on. Then in Network Manager set IPv6 to disabled or ignored.
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Ok Jeremy B. I did that last night in a last ditch effort hoping it would help. Up to this point, it hasn't even offered to drop (again, fingers crossed). I don't understand this though. The IPV6 has never been turned off in the year and a half since I've had this computer and lived here at this same address with the same internet router. Why all of a sudden, after those three updates, would it suddenly decide it has a problem with it? As for my wife's laptop, she reversed the updates and it worked just fine, so far. Well, at least I have 17.2 now!
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

It just dropped again! This time I turned the IPV6 back on and tuned wifi off then back on and I didn't have to restart like usual. I'm going to try to take those updates off like my wife did and see if that works.
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Can someone help me here. Which one of these is my wireless card:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev b5)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev b5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation H67 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
03:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller
04:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Those are results from lspci and you have a USB wifi adapter a Ralink RT5370 using the rt2800usb kernel module

I would press the Shift key at boot and see if you have an older kernel available under Previous Linux Mint in the Grub menu
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

I have 2 older kernels available, 3.11.0-12(3.11.3) and 3.13.0-24(3.13.9). I loaded the 3.13.0-24 yesterday and it didn't help. I don't see how that could be the problem though because I have been running on the current kernel, 3.16.0-38, for quite some time now without any problems. Also, even though it says usb (Ralink RT5370 Wireless Adapter driver: rt2800usb) my wireless card has to be internal because the only thing I have plugged into the usb is my wireless keyboard/mouse. I'm confused. I thought lspci listed all internet drivers, ethernet and wireless. I tried typing lspci | grep -i wireless thinking it would list my wireless card, but nothing resulted.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Run

wget -N -t 5 -T 10 https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info && \
chmod +x wireless-info && \
./wireless-info
in terminal and post the info from the wireless-info.txt file it creates.

I am not sure what is going on as your inxi report showed

Card-2: Ralink RT5370 Wireless Adapter driver: rt2800usb ver: 2.3.0 usb-ID: 002-003
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter>
It might be a result of a bug but hopefully the script results will help find an answer
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Here's the terminal results:

--2015-07-05 18:46:08--  https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.131
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.131|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/master/wireless-info [following]
--2015-07-05 18:46:09--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/master/wireless-info
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 23.235.44.133
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|23.235.44.133|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 14779 (14K) [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘wireless-info’

100%[======================================>] 14,779      --.-K/s   in 0.001s  

Last-modified header missing -- time-stamps turned off.
2015-07-05 18:46:09 (27.4 MB/s) - ‘wireless-info’ saved [14779/14779]

[sudo] password for russ: 

Results saved in "/home/russ/wireless-info.txt".

Results also archived in "/home/russ/wireless-info.tar.gz", as they exceed the 19.5 kB size limit for ".txt" attachments on the Ubuntu Forums.
and the file:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Copyright (c) 2012
#
# Authors: Wild Man, Krytarik
# Helpers: chili555
#
# This script gathers the infos necessary for troubleshooting a wireless
# connection and saves them in a text file, wrapping it in an archive if it
# exceeds the 19.5 kB size limit for ".txt" attachments on the Ubuntu Forums.
#
##############################################################################
#
# This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#

SCRIPTDATE="2015-05-21 11:10 +0200"
FILEBASE="wireless-info"
OUTPUTDIR="$PWD"
OUTPUTDIRFB="/tmp"

MODMATCHES="(air|ar5|at7|ath[^3]?|b43|bcma|brcm|carl|ipw|iwl|ndis|r(818|8192[eu]|871|92su)|rt[23567]|rtl|ssb|wl|(cfg|mac)80211)"
LSMODMATCHES="(wmi|(dell|ideapad)[-_]laptop)"
DMESGMATCHES="(wlan[0-9]|eth[1-9]|firmware|[nN]etwork)"
NMPROFMATCHES="\(\[connection\]\|id=\|type=\|permissions=\|autoconnect=\|\[802-11-wireless\]\|\[wifi\]\|ssid=\|bssid=\|mac-address\(-blacklist\)\?=\|mtu=\|\[802-1x\]\|[[:graph:]]*ca-certs\?=\|\[ipv[46]\]\|method=\)"

DMESGEXCL="apparmor|(cfg|mac)80211"
MODINFOEXCL="alias"
MODPROBEXCL="(alsa-base|blacklist-(firewire|framebuffer|modem|oss|watchdog)|fglrx|nvidia|fbdev|bumblebee)"
PMUTILSEXCL="/etc/pm/(power.d/(95hdparm-apm|intel-audio-powersave|sata_alpm)|sleep.d/(10_grub-common|10_unattended-upgrades.*|novatel_3g.*))"

NETMGRNAMES=("NetworkManager" "Wicd" "ConnMan")
NETMGRPATHS=("/usr/sbin/NetworkManager" "/usr/sbin/wicd" "/usr/sbin/connmand")

export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
export LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

if [ -t 0 ]; then
    DIALOGAPP="terminal"
    DIALOGBREAK=" "
    TERMOUT="yes"
elif [ -x /usr/bin/zenity ]; then
    DIALOGAPP="zenity"
    DIALOGBREAK="\n"
elif [ -x /usr/bin/kdialog ]; then
    DIALOGAPP="kdialog"
    DIALOGBREAK="\n"
else
    exit 1
fi

if [ -t 0 ]; then
    SUDO="sudo"
elif [ -x /usr/bin/pkexec ]; then
    SUDO="pkexec"
elif [ -x /usr/bin/gksudo ]; then
    SUDO="gksudo"
    GKSUDO="yes"
elif [ -x /usr/bin/kdesudo ]; then
    SUDO="kdesudo"
    KDESUDO="yes"
    KDESUDOCMT=" needs administrative privileges. Please enter your password."
fi

dialog_info () {
    case $DIALOGAPP in
	terminal)
	    printf "%b\n" "$1"
	    ;;
	zenity)
	    zenity --info --text="$1"
	    ;;
	kdialog)
	    kdialog --msgbox "$1"
	    ;;
    esac
}

dialog_error () {
    case $DIALOGAPP in
	terminal)
	    printf "%b\n" "$1" >&2
	    ;;
	zenity)
	    zenity --error --text="$1"
	    ;;
	kdialog)
	    kdialog --error "$1"
	    ;;
    esac
}

dialog_question () {
    case $DIALOGAPP in
	terminal)
	    local INPUT
	    read -r -p "$1 [Y/n]: " INPUT
	    echo "${INPUT,,}"
	    ;;
	zenity)
	    zenity --question --text="$1" || echo "no"
	    ;;
	kdialog)
	    kdialog --yesno "$1" || echo "no"
	    ;;
    esac
}

exec 3>&1 4>&2
exec 1> "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt" || {
    dialog_error "${TERMOUT+\n}Cannot write output file in \"$OUTPUTDIR\",${DIALOGBREAK}trying in \"$OUTPUTDIRFB\" instead.${TERMOUT+\n}"
    OUTPUTDIR="$OUTPUTDIRFB"
    exec 1> "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt" || {
	dialog_error "${TERMOUT+\n}Cannot write output file in \"$OUTPUTDIR\" either, aborting.${TERMOUT+\n}"
	exit 1
    }
}
exec 2>&1

printf "\n########## wireless info START ##########\n\n"
REPORTDATE=$(date +"%d %b %Y %H:%M %Z %z")
SCRIPTDATE=$(date -u -d "$SCRIPTDATE" +"%d %b %Y %H:%M %Z %z")
LASTBOOTDT=$(last -FRn 1 reboot | sed -n 's/.*system boot[ ]\+\(.\+\) - .*$/\1/p')
LASTBOOTDT=$(date -d "$LASTBOOTDT" +"%d %b %Y %H:%M %Z %z")
printf "Report from: %s\n\n" "$REPORTDATE"
printf "Booted last: %s\n\n" "$LASTBOOTDT"
printf "Script from: %s\n" "$SCRIPTDATE"

printf "\n##### release ###########################\n\n"
lsb_release -idrc

printf "\n##### kernel ############################\n\n"
uname -srvmpio
echo
sed 's/root=[^ ]*//;s/[ ]\+/, /g;s/^BOOT_IMAGE=[^ ]*/Parameters:/' /proc/cmdline

printf "\n##### desktop ###########################\n\n"
if [ -n "$DESKTOP_SESSION" ]; then
    DESKTOP="$DESKTOP_SESSION"
else
    DESKTOP=$(sed -n 's/^Session=\(.\+\)$/\1/p' "$HOME/.dmrc")
    DESKDMRC=" (from ~/.dmrc)"
fi
if [ -n "$DESKTOP" ]; then
    if [ -f "/usr/share/xsessions/$DESKTOP.desktop" ]; then
	DESKTOP=$(sed -n 's/^Name=\(.\+\)$/\1/p' "/usr/share/xsessions/$DESKTOP.desktop")
    fi
    echo "${DESKTOP/ Session/}${DESKDMRC}"
else
    printf "\nCould not be determined.\n"
fi

printf "\n##### lspci #############################\n\n"
lspci -nnk | grep -iA 2 '^[^[:space:]].*net' | sed '/^--$/d;/^[^[:space:]]/ i\\'

printf "\n##### lsusb #############################\n\n"
lsusb

printf "\n##### PCMCIA card info ##################\n\n"
if [ -x /sbin/pccardctl ]; then
    pccardctl info
else
    echo "'pccardctl' is not installed (package \"pcmciautils\")."
fi

printf "\n##### rfkill ############################\n\n"
rfkill list all

printf "\n##### lsmod #############################\n\n"
LSMOD=$(lsmod | egrep "(^|[[:punct:] ])($MODMATCHES|$LSMODMATCHES)[^[:punct:] ]*([[:punct:] ]|$)")
echo "$LSMOD"

printf "\n##### interfaces ########################\n\n"
sed '/^#/d;s/^wpa-psk [[:graph:]]\+/wpa-psk <WPA key removed>/' /etc/network/interfaces

printf "\n##### ifconfig ##########################\n\n"
ifconfig -a | sed '/^lo /,/^$/d'

printf "\n##### iwconfig ##########################\n\n"
iwconfig

printf "\n##### route #############################\n\n"
route -n

printf "\n##### resolv.conf #######################\n\n"
grep -v '^#' /etc/resolv.conf

printf "\n##### network managers ##################\n\n"
printf "Installed:\n\n"
for NETMGRNR in "${!NETMGRPATHS[@]}"; do
    if [ -f "${NETMGRPATHS[$NETMGRNR]}" ]; then
	NETMGRINST+=("${NETMGRNAMES[$NETMGRNR]}")
    fi
done
printf "\t%s\n" "${NETMGRINST[@]:-None found.}"
NETMGRMATCHES=${NETMGRPATHS[@]/#*\//|}
NETMGRMATCHES=${NETMGRMATCHES// |/|}
NETMGRMATCHES="(${NETMGRMATCHES#|})"
printf "\nRunning:\n\n"
ps -ef | egrep "( |/)$NETMGRMATCHES($| )" || printf "\tNone found.\n"

printf "\n##### NetworkManager info ###############\n\n"
if [ -x /usr/bin/nm-tool ]; then
    nm-tool
elif [ -x /usr/bin/nmcli ]; then
    nmcli -f all device show | sed '/^GENERAL.DEVICE:[ ]\+lo$/,/^$/d; /^AP\[[0-9]\+\]\./d'
    echo
    nmcli -f SSID,BSSID,MODE,CHAN,FREQ,RATE,SIGNAL,BARS,SECURITY,ACTIVE,IN-USE device wifi list
else
    echo "NetworkManager is not installed (package \"network-manager\")."
fi

printf "\n##### NetworkManager.state ##############\n\n"
cat -s /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state

printf "\n##### NetworkManager.conf ###############\n\n"
grep -v '^#' /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
if [ -f /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf ]; then
    printf "\nnm-system-settings.conf (used up to Ubuntu 10.04):\n\n"
    grep -v '^#' /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
fi

printf "\n##### NetworkManager profiles ###########\n\n"
if [ -d /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections ]; then
    if [ -n "$SUDO" ]; then
	trap "" 2 3
	NMPROFILES=$(find /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections -maxdepth 1 -type f -exec $SUDO${GKSUDO+ -D grep --}${KDESUDO+ -d --comment "<b>grep</b>$KDESUDOCMT" --} grep -vH '^$' {} +) && SUDOSUCCESS="yes" || SUDOSUCCESS="no"
	trap 2 3
	if [ "$SUDOSUCCESS" = "yes" ]; then
	    ORIGIFS="$IFS"
	    IFS=$'\n'
	    for NMWLPRFFILE in $(sed -n 's/^\(.\+\):type=\(802-11-wireless\|wifi\).*$/\1/p' <<< "$NMPROFILES"); do
		NMWLPRFFLPERMS=$(stat -c "%a %U" "$NMWLPRFFILE")
		NMWLPROFILE=($(sed -n "s;^$NMWLPRFFILE:\($NMPROFMATCHES.*\)$;\1 |;p" <<< "$NMPROFILES"))
		NMWLPROFSOUT+="[[$NMWLPRFFILE]] ($NMWLPRFFLPERMS)"$'\n'"${NMWLPROFILE[@]}"$'\n\n'
	    done
	    IFS="$ORIGIFS"
	    sed 's# | \[#\n\[#g;s#\] |#\]#g;s/ |$//' <<< "$NMWLPROFSOUT" | sed '/^\[[^]]*\]$/d'
	else
	    printf "\nAcquisition of admin privileges failed.\n"
	fi
    else
	echo "No way to acquire admin privileges found."
    fi
else
    echo "No NetworkManager profiles found."
fi

printf "\n##### iw reg get ########################\n\n"
if [ -x /sbin/iw ]; then
    if IWREGGET=$(iw reg get 2>&1) && [ -f /etc/timezone ]; then
	REGION=$(cat /etc/timezone)
	printf "Region: %s (based on set time zone)\n\n" "$REGION"
    fi
    echo "$IWREGGET"
else
    echo "'iw' is not installed (package \"iw\")."
fi

printf "\n##### iwlist channels ###################\n\n"
if [ -x /sbin/iwlist ]; then
    iwlist chan
else
    echo "'iwlist' is not installed (package \"wireless-tools\")."
fi

printf "\n##### iwlist scan #######################\n\n"
if [ -x /sbin/iwlist ]; then
    if [ -n "$SUDO" ]; then
	trap "" 2 3
	IWLISTSCAN=$($SUDO${KDESUDO+ -d} iwlist scan) && SUDOSUCCESS="yes" || SUDOSUCCESS="no"
	trap 2 3
	if [ "$SUDOSUCCESS" = "yes" ]; then
	    if [[ $IWLISTSCAN = *Frequency:* ]]; then
		printf "Channel occupancy:\n\n"
		grep '^[ ]*Frequency:' <<< "$IWLISTSCAN" | sort | uniq -c | sed 's/^[ ]\+\([ ][0-9]\+\)[ ]\+/     \1   APs on   /'
		echo
	    fi
	    grep -v '^[ ]*IE: Unknown:' <<< "$IWLISTSCAN"
	else
	    printf "\nAcquisition of admin privileges failed.\n"
	fi
    else
	echo "No way to acquire admin privileges found."
    fi
else
    echo "'iwlist' is not installed (package \"wireless-tools\")."
fi

printf "\n##### module infos ######################\n\n"
MODULES=$(egrep -o "^$MODMATCHES[^ ]*" <<< "$LSMOD")
for MODULE in $MODULES; do
    MODINFO=$(modinfo $MODULE | egrep -v "^$MODINFOEXCL:")
    printf "[%s]\n%s\n\n" "$MODULE" "$MODINFO"
done

printf "\n##### module parameters #################\n\n"
for MODULE in $MODULES; do
    if [ -d /sys/module/$MODULE/parameters ]; then
	MODPARAMS=$(grep -H '^[[:graph:]]' /sys/module/$MODULE/parameters/* | sed 's#^.*/##;s/:/: /')
	printf "[%s]\n%s\n\n" "$MODULE" "$MODPARAMS"
    fi
done

printf "\n##### /etc/modules ######################\n\n"
grep -v '^#' /etc/modules

printf "\n##### modprobe options ##################\n\n"
for MODPROBEFILE in $(find /etc/modprobe.{conf,d} -name "*.conf" -regextype posix-egrep -not -regex ".*$MODPROBEXCL.*" 2> /dev/null | sort); do
    MODPROBEOPTS=$(egrep -v '^(#|$)' $MODPROBEFILE)
    if [ -n "$MODPROBEOPTS" ]; then
	printf "[%s]\n%s\n\n" "$MODPROBEFILE" "$MODPROBEOPTS"
    fi
done

printf "\n##### rc.local ##########################\n\n"
grep -v '^#' /etc/rc.local

printf "\n##### pm-utils ##########################\n\n"
for PMUTILSFILE in $(find /etc/pm/*.d \( -type f -o -type l \) -regextype posix-egrep -not -regex "$PMUTILSEXCL" | sort); do
    PMUTFLCONT=$(egrep -v '^(#|$)' $PMUTILSFILE)
    if [ -n "$PMUTFLCONT" ]; then
	PMUTFLPERMS=$(stat -c "%a %U" $PMUTILSFILE)
	printf "[%s] (%s)\n%s\n\n" "$PMUTILSFILE" "$PMUTFLPERMS" "$PMUTFLCONT"
    fi
done

printf "\n##### udev rules ########################\n\n"
for UDEVRLFILE in /etc/udev/rules.d/*net*.rules; do
    UDEVRULES=$(grep -B1 '^[^#]' $UDEVRLFILE | egrep -v '^(--)?$')
    if [ -n "$UDEVRULES" ]; then
	printf "[%s]\n%s\n\n" "$UDEVRLFILE" "$UDEVRULES"
    fi
done

printf "\n##### dmesg #############################\n\n"
dmesg | tail -n 100 | egrep "[[:punct:] ]($MODMATCHES|$DMESGMATCHES)[^[:punct:] ]*[[:punct:] ]" | egrep -v "$DMESGEXCL" | uniq -cf 2 | sed 's/^[ ]\+1[ ]\+//;s/^[ ]\+\([0-9]\+\)[ ]\+\(.\+\)$/\2 (repeated \1 times)/'

printf "\n########## wireless info END ############\n\n"

exec 2>&4 4>&-
exec 1>&3 3>&-

##### MAC address masking #####

RESULTS=$(cat -s "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt")$'\n'

ORIGIFS="$IFS"
IFS=$'\n'

IFACESRAW=$(sed -n '/^##### ifconfig #####/,/^##### /p' <<< "$RESULTS")
IFACESIDS=($(sed -n "s/^\([^ ]\+\)[ ]\+.*HWaddr.*/'\1' [IF]/p" <<< "$IFACESRAW"))
IFACESMACS=($(sed -n 's/^[^ ]\+[ ]\+.*HWaddr \([^ ]\+\)[ ]*/\1/p' <<< "$IFACESRAW"))

WLAPSIWLRAW=$(sed -n '/^##### iwlist scan #####/,/^##### /p' <<< "$RESULTS")
WLAPSIWLIDS=($(sed -n "/^[ ]*Cell [0-9]\+/,/^[ ]*ESSID:/ {/^[ ]*Cell [0-9]\+/h;/^[ ]*ESSID:/ {H;g;s/^[ ]*Cell 0\?\([0-9]\+\).*ESSID:\"\(.*\)\"$/'\2' [AC\1]/p}}" <<< "$WLAPSIWLRAW"))
WLAPSIWLMACS=($(sed -n 's/^[ ]*Cell [0-9]\+.*Address: \([^ ]\+\)/\1/p' <<< "$WLAPSIWLRAW"))

WLAPSNMRAW=$(sed -n '/^##### NetworkManager info #####/,/^##### / {/^[ ]*Wireless Access Points/,/^$/ {/Wireless Access Points/d;s/^[ ]\+\*\?//;s/:[ ]\+/\t/;p}; /^SSID[ ]\+BSSID[ ]\+/,/^$/ {/^SSID[ ]\{2,\}BSSID[ ]\{2,\}/d;s/[ ]\{2,\}/\t/;p}}' <<< "$RESULTS")
WLAPSNMIDS=($(awk -F '\t' '{printf "'\''%s'\'' [AN%d]\n", $1, NR}' <<< "$WLAPSNMRAW"))
WLAPSNMMACS=($(grep -o '\([[:alnum:]]\{2\}:\)\{5\}[[:alnum:]]\{2\}' <<< "$WLAPSNMRAW"))

IFS="$ORIGIFS"

for IFACENR in "${!IFACESMACS[@]}"; do
    MACMASKSED+="s;${IFACESMACS[$IFACENR]};<MAC ${IFACESIDS[$IFACENR]-address}>;I;"
done

for WLAPIWLNR in "${!WLAPSIWLMACS[@]}"; do
    MACMASKSED+="s;${WLAPSIWLMACS[$WLAPIWLNR]};<MAC ${WLAPSIWLIDS[$WLAPIWLNR]-address}>;I;"
done

for WLAPNMNR in "${!WLAPSNMMACS[@]}"; do
    MACMASKSED+="s;${WLAPSNMMACS[$WLAPNMNR]};<MAC ${WLAPSNMIDS[$WLAPNMNR]-address}>;I;"
done

sed "$MACMASKSED/\([[:alnum:]]\{2\}:\)\{6,\}/! s/\([[:alnum:]]\{2\}:\)\{5\}[[:alnum:]]\{2\}/<MAC address>/" <<< "$RESULTS" > "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt"

##### The End #####

dialog_info "${TERMOUT+\n}Results saved in \"$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt\".${TERMOUT+\n}"

if (( $(stat -c %s "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt") > 19968 )); then
    tar -czf "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.tar.gz" -C "$OUTPUTDIR" "$FILEBASE.txt" && \
	dialog_info "Results also archived in \"$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.tar.gz\",${DIALOGBREAK}as they exceed the 19.5 kB size limit for \".txt\" attachments${DIALOGBREAK}on the Ubuntu Forums.${TERMOUT+\n}" || \
	dialog_error "Results exceed the 19.5 kB size limit for \".txt\" attachments${DIALOGBREAK}on the Ubuntu Forums, but archive could not be created.${TERMOUT+\n}"
fi

if [ -x /usr/bin/pastebinit ] && ping -nc 3 -w 6 -i 0.2 paste.ubuntu.com > /dev/null 2>&1; then
    PASTEBIN=$(dialog_question "Do you also want to post them${DIALOGBREAK}to your default 'pastebinit' provider?")
    if [[ ! $PASTEBIN =~ ^no?$ ]]; then
	PASTERESULT=$(pastebinit -i "$OUTPUTDIR/$FILEBASE.txt" -f text 2>&1) && PASTESUCCESS="yes"
	if [ "$PASTESUCCESS" = "yes" ]; then
	    dialog_info "${TERMOUT+\n}Pastebin successful:\n\n${PASTERESULT}${TERMOUT+\n}"
	else
	    if [ -n "$PASTERESULT" ]; then
		dialog_error "${TERMOUT+\n}Pastebin failed, error message is:\n\n${PASTERESULT}${TERMOUT+\n}"
	    else
		dialog_error "${TERMOUT+\n}Pastebin failed, no error message given.${TERMOUT+\n}"
	    fi
	fi
    else
	echo
    fi
fi
I hope I did everything right. Let me know if not. Hope this helps! :D
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

By the way, since I tried the 3.13.0-24 kernel yesterday and it didn't work, I am now running in the other older kernel, 3.11.0-12, to see if it makes any difference. Hasn't dropped yet.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

You posted the wireless-info file and not the wireless-info.txt
rlritter1

Post by rlritter1 »

Ooops. Apologies. Here you go:

########## wireless info START ##########

Report from: 05 Jul 2015 20:28 EDT -0400

Booted last: 05 Jul 2015 20:27 EDT -0400

Script from: 21 May 2015 09:10 UTC +0000

##### release ###########################

Distributor ID:	LinuxMint
Description:	Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela
Release:	17.2
Codename:	rafaela

##### kernel ############################

Linux 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 8 09:44:48 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Parameters: ro, quiet, splash, vt.handoff=7

##### desktop ###########################

Cinnamon

##### lspci #############################

05:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 06)
	Subsystem: Holco Enterprise Co, Ltd/Shuttle Computer Device [1297:4004]
	Kernel driver in use: r8169

##### lsusb #############################

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

##### PCMCIA card info ##################

##### rfkill ############################

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no

##### lsmod #############################

rt2800usb              26712  0 
rt2x00usb              20041  1 rt2800usb
rt2800lib              83150  1 rt2800usb
rt2x00lib              48886  3 rt2x00usb,rt2800lib,rt2800usb
mac80211              559100  3 rt2x00lib,rt2x00usb,rt2800lib
cfg80211              418839  2 mac80211,rt2x00lib
crc_ccitt              12627  1 rt2800lib

##### interfaces ########################

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

##### ifconfig ##########################

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr <MAC 'eth0' [IF]>  
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr <MAC 'wlan0' [IF]>  
          inet addr:192.168.1.100  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::ca3a:35ff:fece:bd57/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:598 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:623 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:543100 (543.1 KB)  TX bytes:112839 (112.8 KB)

##### iwconfig ##########################

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"Cisco10501"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]>   
          Bit Rate=65 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=35/70  Signal level=-75 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:68   Missed beacon:0

##### route #############################

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wlan0
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     9      0        0 wlan0

##### resolv.conf #######################

nameserver 127.0.1.1

##### network managers ##################

Installed:

NetworkManager

Running:

root      1268     1  0 20:27 ?        00:00:00 NetworkManager

##### NetworkManager info ###############

NetworkManager Tool

State: connected (global)

- Device: wlan0  [Auto Cisco10501] ---------------------------------------------
  Type:              802.11 WiFi
  Driver:            rt2800usb
  State:             connected
  Default:           yes
  HW Address:        <MAC 'wlan0' [IF]>

Capabilities:
    Speed:           21 Mb/s

Wireless Properties
    WEP Encryption:  yes
    WPA Encryption:  yes
    WPA2 Encryption: yes

Wireless Access Points (* = current AP)
    *Cisco10501:     Infra, <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]>, Freq 2437 MHz, Rate 54 Mb/s, Strength 47 WPA WPA2

IPv4 Settings:
    Address:         192.168.1.100
    Prefix:          24 (255.255.255.0)
    Gateway:         192.168.1.1

DNS:             192.168.1.1
    DNS:             216.77.168.1
    DNS:             192.168.1.3

- Device: eth0 -----------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              Wired
  Driver:            r8169
  State:             unavailable
  Default:           no
  HW Address:        <MAC 'eth0' [IF]>

Capabilities:
    Carrier Detect:  yes

Wired Properties
    Carrier:         off

##### NetworkManager.state ##############

[main]
NetworkingEnabled=true
WirelessEnabled=true
WWANEnabled=true
WimaxEnabled=true

##### NetworkManager.conf ###############

[main]
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile,ofono
dns=dnsmasq

no-auto-default=<MAC 'eth0' [IF]>,

[ifupdown]
managed=false

##### NetworkManager profiles ###########

[[/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Auto Cisco10501]] (600 root)
[connection] id=Auto Cisco10501 | type=802-11-wireless
[802-11-wireless] ssid=Cisco10501 | mac-address=<MAC 'wlan0' [IF]>
[ipv4] method=auto
[ipv6] method=ignore

##### iw reg get ########################

Region: America/New_York (based on set time zone)

country 00:
	(2402 - 2472 @ 40), (3, 20)
	(2457 - 2482 @ 40), (3, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
	(2474 - 2494 @ 20), (3, 20), NO-OFDM, PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
	(5170 - 5250 @ 40), (3, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
	(5735 - 5835 @ 40), (3, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS

##### iwlist channels ###################

lo        no frequency information.

eth0      no frequency information.

wlan0     14 channels in total; available frequencies :
          Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
          Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
          Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
          Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
          Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
          Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
          Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
          Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
          Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
          Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
          Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
          Channel 12 : 2.467 GHz
          Channel 13 : 2.472 GHz
          Channel 14 : 2.484 GHz
          Current Frequency=2.437 GHz (Channel 6)

##### iwlist scan #######################

lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.

eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

Channel occupancy:

1   APs on   Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)

wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]>
                    Channel:6
                    Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                    Quality=31/70  Signal level=-79 dBm  
                    Encryption key:on
                    ESSID:"Cisco10501"
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
                              24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                    Bit Rates:6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s
                    Mode:Master
                    Extra:tsf=0000000182d38fe7
                    Extra: Last beacon: 160ms ago
                    IE: IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : CCMP TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : CCMP TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK

##### module infos ######################

[rt2800usb]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800usb.ko
license:        GPL
firmware:       rt2870.bin
description:    Ralink RT2800 USB Wireless LAN driver.
version:        2.3.0
author:         http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com
srcversion:     AA4336C224E35E523F23134
depends:        rt2x00lib,rt2800lib,rt2x00usb
intree:         Y
vermagic:       3.16.0-38-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 686 
signer:         Magrathea: Glacier signing key
sig_key:        4F:E1:22:64:AD:04:B4:1C:64:ED:44:80:A8:93:42:67:C4:C1:F1:B8
sig_hashalgo:   sha512
parm:           nohwcrypt:Disable hardware encryption. (bool)

[rt2x00usb]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00usb.ko
description:    rt2x00 usb library
srcversion:     21417B97E30FD4E6E469E1F
depends:        rt2x00lib,mac80211

[rt2800lib]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800lib.ko
description:    Ralink RT2800 library
author:         http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
srcversion:     EDDCA794C9E4C3981037918
depends:        rt2x00lib,mac80211,crc-ccitt

[rt2x00lib]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00lib.ko
description:    rt2x00 library
srcversion:     71EFA3CA86D02D0528C49EE
depends:        mac80211,cfg80211

[mac80211]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/net/mac80211/mac80211.ko
description:    IEEE 802.11 subsystem
srcversion:     376BFDE8E6207B0AAA6339B
depends:        cfg80211
parm:           max_nullfunc_tries:Maximum nullfunc tx tries before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
parm:           max_probe_tries:Maximum probe tries before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
parm:           beacon_loss_count:Number of beacon intervals before we decide beacon was lost. (int)
parm:           probe_wait_ms:Maximum time(ms) to wait for probe response before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
parm:           ieee80211_default_rc_algo:Default rate control algorithm for mac80211 to use (charp)

[cfg80211]
filename:       /lib/modules/3.16.0-38-generic/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
description:    wireless configuration support
author:         Johannes Berg
srcversion:     33ED2C1448F5AEDBE7AF59E
depends:        
parm:           ieee80211_regdom:IEEE 802.11 regulatory domain code (charp)
parm:           cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz:Disable 40MHz support in the 2.4GHz band (bool)

##### module parameters #################

[rt2800usb]
nohwcrypt: N

[mac80211]
beacon_loss_count: 7
ieee80211_default_rc_algo: minstrel_ht
max_nullfunc_tries: 2
max_probe_tries: 5
probe_wait_ms: 500

[cfg80211]
cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz: N
ieee80211_regdom: 00

##### /etc/modules ######################

lp

##### modprobe options ##################

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-ath_pci.conf]
blacklist ath_pci

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf]
blacklist evbug
blacklist usbmouse
blacklist usbkbd
blacklist eepro100
blacklist de4x5
blacklist eth1394
blacklist snd_intel8x0m
blacklist snd_aw2
blacklist i2c_i801
blacklist prism54
blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist garmin_gps
blacklist asus_acpi
blacklist snd_pcsp
blacklist pcspkr
blacklist amd76x_edac

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-rare-network.conf]
alias net-pf-3 off
alias net-pf-6 off
alias net-pf-9 off
alias net-pf-11 off
alias net-pf-12 off
alias net-pf-19 off
alias net-pf-21 off
alias net-pf-36 off

[/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf]
remove iwlwifi \
(/sbin/lsmod | grep -o -e ^iwlmvm -e ^iwldvm -e ^iwlwifi | xargs /sbin/rmmod) \
&& /sbin/modprobe -r mac80211

[/etc/modprobe.d/mlx4.conf]
softdep mlx4_core post: mlx4_en

##### rc.local ##########################

exit 0

##### pm-utils ##########################

##### udev rules ########################

[/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules]
# PCI device 0x10ec:0x8168 (r8169)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="<MAC 'eth0' [IF]>", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"
# USB device 0x:0x (rt2800usb)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="<MAC 'wlan0' [IF]>", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="wlan*", NAME="wlan0"

##### dmesg #############################

[   16.948008] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rt: Info - RT chipset 5390, rev 0502 detected
[   16.976256] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rf: Info - RF chipset 5370 detected
[   20.182015] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Loading firmware file 'rt2870.bin'
[   20.243080] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00lib_request_firmware: Info - Firmware detected - version: 0.29
[   20.472631] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[   21.907687] wlan0: authenticate with <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]>
[   21.930285] wlan0: send auth to <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]> (try 1/3)
[   21.931777] wlan0: authenticated
[   21.935502] wlan0: associate with <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]> (try 1/3)
[   21.942812] wlan0: RX AssocResp from <MAC 'Cisco10501' [AC1]> (capab=0x411 status=0 aid=1)
[   21.949523] wlan0: associated
[   21.949543] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[   32.077687] [UFW BLOCK] IN=wlan0 OUT= MAC=01:00:5e:00:00:01:c0:c1:c0:fa:23:d6:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.1 DST=224.0.0.1 LEN=28 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=1 ID=0 DF PROTO=2 
[   36.269925] [UFW BLOCK] IN=wlan0 OUT= MAC=01:00:5e:00:00:fb:c0:c1:c0:fa:23:d6:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.1 DST=224.0.0.251 LEN=32 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=1 ID=0 DF PROTO=2 

########## wireless info END ############
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Can you change the settings on the wireless access point? If so, change the encryption to WPA2 only or WPA2-AES as now it is using TKIP encryption and it usually causes problems and not as secure as AES only

Return to “Networking”