Network Manager, static IP problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hayden

Network Manager, static IP problem

Post by hayden »

On my Debian Jessie install I don't have this issue, its only with LM 17.1 amd64 w/ KDE.

I need to connect to several different wireless networks for my work. I cannot use DHCP, it has to be set manually on these networks. In Network Manager, there is an option for manual IP, but there is nowhere to actually type in the IP address. If I run nm-connection-editor as root, then I can get the same setting window as before, and can put a static IP. But this is as root, so after making the settings and close the window, I still cant use the networks because obviously I'm not root. Could it be some kind of permission thing that doesnt let my user account set manual IP's in network manager?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hayden

Re: Network Manager, static IP problem

Post by hayden »

Good thing is I have two ssd's, one with debian jessie which is the one I'm using most of the time because I can connect to all my networks. The other ssd is my LM install which I am wanting to transition to as my normal SSD, but not until I figure out the wireless problem.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Networking”