Mint 17 No Wifi

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cldickerson

Mint 17 No Wifi

Post by cldickerson »

I have a Compaq with Mint 13 installed, which I love. I just picked up a little HP from Walmart that Windows installed. I downloaded Mint 17 Cinnamon, installed it, and can detect no Wifi. The HP doesn't have wired connection capabilities so I am unable to download additional drivers, etc.. It is strictly Wifi computer. I've tried everything and am at my wits end. Mint 13 worked perfectly right out of the box when I installed it on my Compaq. Is there a problem with Mint 17 Wifi? If I install Mint 13 would that solve my problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Mint 17 No Wifi

Post by richyrich »

On your Mint 17 machine, use this terminal command to determine your wifi hardware. You are talking about 2 different machines aren't you, so NO, it won't be the same as Mint 13. Different hardware.

Code: Select all

inxi -Nx
cldickerson

Re: Mint 17 No Wifi

Post by cldickerson »

Thanks for the response but I think I turned it into a permanent paperweight screwing around with it and with netbootin. Now I can't even get it to boot up. I have a system analysis friend who is very familiar with Mint. I'm going to let him see what he can do with it. Thanks anyway. :(

Return to “Networking”