Wifi unavailable Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tsusanka

Wifi unavailable Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565

Post by tsusanka »

I am not able to get my wifi up and running. The network applet says "Wifi is disabled" (or maybe "forbidden", the system's language is not in English unfortunately).

I am on Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux 3.16.0-34-generic. Comprehensive info about my system and network can be found on https://gist.github.com/tsusanka/807b31a866d788d6b60c.

The /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintWifi/mintWifi.py output is here https://gist.github.com/tsusanka/b379e3a52e5d36cd393a.

Lot of related topics said to try rfkill list all:

Code: Select all

0: ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: yes
	Hard blocked: no
1: ideapad_bluetooth: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
2: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: yes
3: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
which indeed says the wifi is blocked. After I run sudo rfkill unblock all the list changes to all "no"s, however nothing really happens and my network applet still says the same thing.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Wifi unavailable Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565

Post by JeremyB »

Can you run the wireless script again after

sudo rfkill unblock all
Since you already have it downloaded

./wireless_script
tsusanka

Re: Wifi unavailable Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565

Post by tsusanka »

Thank you, but I've solved the issue late night yesterday. I'll post here the proper solution tonight.

Return to “Networking”