Needed: USB wifi for Mint 13 [SOLVED, I think]

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Needed: USB wifi for Mint 13 [SOLVED, I think]

Post by jimallyn »

Can anybody suggest a USB wifi dongle that works with LM 13? I have here a Ralink RT5370, which does not work. I would like to purchase something that I can just plug in and have work, or at least will work with a minimum of fuss. Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Needed: USB wifi for Mint 13

Post by Pierre »

on this Mint 13 desktop,
there is a Netgear WG111v2 usb type wifi stick ..
- get 'em from the eBay 8) site.
usually fairly cheap.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Needed: USB wifi for Mint 13

Post by jimallyn »

Thanks for the suggestion! I just ordered one. Cost me about 8 bucks. Can't beat that.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Networking”