WifiRadar detects wireless networks

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stargazer76

Re: WifiRadar detects wireless networks

Post by stargazer76 »

Pjotr wrote:Does it help when you optimize your wireless network like this, in the router:

- SSID visible;
- WPA2;
- AES only (no TKIP)

It did have TKIP, I changed it. Now it looks like this:
HOME-F35E G,N WPA2-PSK (AES)

However, still the same problem.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

I'm afraid my bag of tricks is empty now.... :(

Maybe you should consider this quick and dirty solution: buy a TP-Link TL-WN725N (version 2.0) with the Realtek RTL8188EU chipset (0bda:8179).

This works out of the box in Mint 17.x; the only issue is, that the signal strength of the available wireless networks seems zero. But that's just optical; you can connect anyway, and it works fine. I have one myself.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
stargazer76

Post by stargazer76 »

Pjotr wrote:I'm afraid my bag of tricks is empty now.... :(

Maybe you should consider this quick and dirty solution: buy a TP-Link TL-WN725N (version 2.0) with the Realtek RTL8188EU chipset (0bda:8179).

This works out of the box in Mint 17.x; the only issue is, that the signal strength of the available wireless networks seems zero. But that's just optical; you can connect anyway, and it works fine. I have one myself.

I think my solution of throwing the laptop off a bridge would be more FUN!! THANKS for all of your effort!!
stargazer76

Post by stargazer76 »

For the heck of it, I tried uninstalling WifiRadar, rebooting, then reinstalling. Still the same thing.

When i try to connect it indicates 'Acquiring IP Address (DHCP). What is DHCP?
jtarin

Post by jtarin »

stargazer76 wrote:For the heck of it, I tried uninstalling WifiRadar, rebooting, then reinstalling. Still the same thing.

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Is your connection configured to automatic DHCP in "Network Connections" and in your router configuration?
stargazer76

Post by stargazer76 »

jtarin wrote:
stargazer76 wrote:For the heck of it, I tried uninstalling WifiRadar, rebooting, then reinstalling. Still the same thing.

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Is your connection configured to automatic DHCP in "Network Connections" and in your router configuration?
Yes, it appears to be.
stargazer76

Post by stargazer76 »

Is there another method I can use to connect wirelessly, other than WifiRadar? I have a feeling that some setting was changed along the way when trying to correct these issues that it might be hopeless.

Return to “Networking”