Solved -Lenovo Wireless command

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sutton

Solved -Lenovo Wireless command

Post by sutton »

Hi

To get Mint17 to recognize my wireless card I have to open a terminal and type
"sudo modprobe -r ideapad-laptop"

I have been trying to get this command to execute on boot. But fo far all the advice from the net has not worked.

Can somebody help?

Next thing I tried was to put the command in /etc/rc.local. Reboot and I have wireless
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cronck

Re: Solved -Lenovo Wireless command

Post by Cronck »

I have had multiple isuess with Mint on laptops and they all boil down to Broadcom cards, open your Menu and search Synaptic package manager. find the b43 source file package. this is the source code drivers for Brocom modems. remove it. then make sure u have b43 firmware / b43 fwcutter / and you might need b43 legacy all installed. just use search menu for all this.

once you have the ones you need Removed / Installed, restart your laptop. once fully booted if your com has a switch type device turn that to on, it might be a key board switch ex: FN + F2 = WiFi , if you have no switch on your machine you will need to find the code that turns in on to be typed in the terminal.

this has helped me with a 9 year old Dell, a 7 year old HP, and a 4 year old HP. all destroyed windows and rebooted Mint 17.1 32 bit and 64 bit.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Solved -Lenovo Wireless command

Post by JeremyB »

sutton wrote:Hi

To get Mint17 to recognize my wireless card I have to open a terminal and type
"sudo modprobe -r ideapad-laptop"

I have been trying to get this command to execute on boot. But fo far all the advice from the net has not worked.

Can somebody help?

Next thing I tried was to put the command in /etc/rc.local. Reboot and I have wireless
Is it a Yoga model?

Return to “Networking”