ADSL speed problem slow

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

ADSL speed problem slow

Post by overkill22 »

I'm running linux mint mate 32bit 17.1 .
After less than one month of use I noticed that the internet connection is SUPER slow!
I use chrome as browser, but even with firefox is the same. If I open more than 5 tabs, the connection will drop!
I'm not able to use skype, hangover calls, or facebook calls.
But if I use my phone, on the same line, it works.
If I do an ADSL speed test it works normally, so i really don't know what is slowing down my internet connection on my laptop.

I already installed bleachBit and did a deep cleaning, but nothing changed...

Any help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: ADSL speed problem slow

Post by Kalyk »

I suppose you are working wireless?
If you can connect the computer wired then you can try if that works much faster.
And if so then there is probably a problem with the support for your wireless driver under Linux.
You might post the output here from these terminal commands so the forum can help

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
mintwifi
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Re: ADSL speed problem slow

Post by overkill22 »

Kalyk wrote:I suppose you are working wireless?
If you can connect the computer wired then you can try if that works much faster.
And if so then there is probably a problem with the support for your wireless driver under Linux.
You might post the output here from these terminal commands so the forum can help

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
mintwifi
thank you for the answer.
Yes I was working wifi.
Now I changed place and wifi, it works better here. It was weird because when I did the ADSL test was working good, but surfing on normal pages, mail etc was very very slow...

Return to “Networking”