How to connect wifi based on windows network guide

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digyourownhole

How to connect wifi based on windows network guide

Post by digyourownhole »

Okay, at my work I need to connect to wifi. To do this, in windows I need to set a bunch of stuff of which I don’t know how to set it up in linux (cinnamon). Can anybody help me out in translating the windows stept into Linux steps?

First of all i have to connect to users@.... But I seem to only be able to edit settings of guests@... (I’m guessing it is the same network?)

click image for lager view

Then in Windows it tells me to do the following:
Right click the network users@... (I’m guessing, click the settings button with guests@... In de pic above).
Go to Security (Type is WPA2-Enterprise; Key is AES)
Method of networkverification (EAP (PEAP)), click settings
Check validate servercertificate
Check Baltimore Cyber Trust Root
Verificationmethod (EAP-MSCHAP v2)

How to do all of this in here:
click image for lager view
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to connect wifi based on windows network guide

Post by Kalyk »

I suppose the guests-wifi network is no alternative to the students-network.
So you should be able to connect to the students-network and go on from there.
But you might best ask the helpdesk over there because you probably won't be the first with this problem.

If that's not an option then please tell us what problem or message you get when trying to connect to the student-network.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.

Return to “Networking”