[SOLVED] Hard blocked: YES

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cowboy09

[SOLVED] Hard blocked: YES

Post by Cowboy09 »

I turned off the internet connection on my other laptop (Mint 17.1) the other day, and now it won't let me switch WiFi back on in Network Settings.

I ran: sudo rfkill list all and saw my connection is being hard blocked.

How do I change this so my WiFi will connect again? How do I enable WiFi again?

Thanks in advance,
Cowboy09
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Hard blocked: YES

Post by JeremyB »

Cowboy09 wrote:I turned off the internet connection on my other laptop (Mint 17.1) the other day, and now it won't let me switch WiFi back on in Network Settings.

I ran: sudo rfkill list all and saw my connection is being hard blocked.

How do I change this so my WiFi will connect again? How do I enable WiFi again?

Thanks in advance,
Cowboy09
A few commands to run in terminal

Code: Select all

rfkill list all

lshw -c net

lsmod | grep wmi
Cowboy09

Re: Hard blocked: YES

Post by Cowboy09 »

Hey! Thank you. Not sure which of those bottom-two commands did the trick, but everything reset and I'm back online with my other lappy. Gracias, amigo :D
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [SOLVED] Hard blocked: YES

Post by Buzzsaw »

Not sure which of those bottom-two commands did the trick, but everything reset and I'm back online with my other lappy.
Neither of those commands did the trick; they only display system information. Something else that you did resolved your problem by accident.

Return to “Networking”