Disable 802.11n on a Realtek wireless card

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
uss_blazer

Disable 802.11n on a Realtek wireless card

Post by uss_blazer »

How do I disable 802.11n on my wireless card? I just installed 17.1 and I can't even ping the router even though I receive DHCP info automatically. I can ping myself using 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.103 but don't think that actually tells me anything. I had disable 11n on Windows 7 that I'm duel booting with in order to get this card to work so I'm figuring it has something to do with my card trying to use 802.11n. Mint is also saying that my connection speed is 1m much slowing that it should be. The frustrating thing is the only info I can find is to insert the text "options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1" into the iwlwifi.conf file but that didn't work. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Glend

Re: Disable 802.11n on a Realtek wireless card

Post by Glend »

Following webpage has some commands to disable 802.11n

http://zeroset.mnim.org/2014/04/22/unst ... enerated1/

I tried their permanent solution and after rebooting wifi has been reliable since but using usb wifi here.

Return to “Networking”