17.1 wifi problem(wpa, wpa2. peap, tls)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doob9911

17.1 wifi problem(wpa, wpa2. peap, tls)

Post by doob9911 »

I tried 17.1 rebeca.
I cannot login wpa/peap enterprise wifi mode.
There is no setting window for this.
Just clikcing arrow icon does not work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartyNeurons

Re: 17.1 wifi problem(wpa, wpa2. peap, tls)

Post by MartyNeurons »

Simply wanted to state that the problem is still present. Downloaded and installed Mint 17.1 RC yesterday.

Can see available wireless networks, all with 'play' or arrow bottons beside them. If the network is not secure, selecting the 'play' button brings up an new 'preferences' button where you can enter security, indentity, etc. for the connection. This button does not become available when the wireless network is secure.

Any advice would be appreciated.
vmnogueira

Post by vmnogueira »

Same problem.

Workaround: instead of the visible network selected "Connect to a Hidden Network" and configured.

Regards
realjumy

Post by realjumy »

vmnogueira wrote:Same problem.

Workaround: instead of the visible network selected "Connect to a Hidden Network" and configured.

Regards
That workaroung not always works, as usually we don't know the network characteristics... Linux Mint 17.1 should be blocked, corrected and then released as 17.2 as this is a HUGE problem that can prevent from using this distro, as can't be configured after installation for many of us.

In the meantime, now that I have a open internet connection available, I will try to install a different network manager.
skydreams

Post by skydreams »

the same problem i meet.

This is a hug bug, it should be fixed ASAP.....

But seems it exists for a long long time.
Normonator

Post by Normonator »

For anyone still having this issue, I can confirm it is still present.
This provided solution:
vmnogueira wrote: Workaround: instead of the visible network selected "Connect to a Hidden Network" and configured.
Does still work assuming you know the details about the connection. (At least it worked fine for me with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] wireless card)
dtpool

Post by dtpool »

I've met this issue and workaround didn't work for me.
I tried to create the network as a "hidden network" without success.

I found a solution : as the WPA security didn't work, I tried to modify security to MAC filter. After enabling the mac filter (and WPA security still ON), pc with Linux Mint 17.2 was connected !
To resume my case : WPA security => no connection, WPA security + MAC filter => connection !

Return to “Networking”