D-Link not re-connecting after offline

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rsully49

D-Link not re-connecting after offline

Post by rsully49 »

I am running an older Compaq AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ w2.5gb on Mint 17 Mate and kernel of 3.13.0-24-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP (from uname-a) and if I turned the Dlink N300 wireless adapter off for a while, about 2 hours, (shorter off times are not a problem) it will not restart. Clicking on the wireless icon does not show my network. When I goto the "Connect to Hidden" it shows my network and the correct password; I click on "Connect" and it shows "Configuring WiFi" and times out. Have tried restarting all the network daemons, and logging out/in, only a reboot will bring it back. I did not have this problem on kernel 3.11 for Mint16. I did have this problem on another disk running Ubuntu 14.04 at kernel 3.13 also. So it seemed to follow the kernel level. Have downloaded the wireless-tools script and will run and post data when it reoccurrs.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: D-Link not re-connecting after offline

Post by JeremyB »

rsully49 wrote:I am running an older Compaq AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ w2.5gb on Mint 17 Mate and kernel of 3.13.0-24-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP (from uname-a) and if I turned the Dlink N300 wireless adapter off for a while, about 2 hours, (shorter off times are not a problem) it will not restart. Clicking on the wireless icon does not show my network. When I goto the "Connect to Hidden" it shows my network and the correct password; I click on "Connect" and it shows "Configuring WiFi" and times out. Have tried restarting all the network daemons, and logging out/in, only a reboot will bring it back. I did not have this problem on kernel 3.11 for Mint16. I did have this problem on another disk running Ubuntu 14.04 at kernel 3.13 also. So it seemed to follow the kernel level. Have downloaded the wireless-tools script and will run and post data when it reoccurrs.
What driver is it using

Code: Select all

lsmod
rsully49

Post by rsully49 »

I hope this is the fix. Saw in the error log about hostname problems. Downloaded and installed "nss-hostname" , turned off the wifi for about 3 hours. Went to the icon, hit "Connect to Hidden Network", clicked on the drop down and found my network, hit that, then connect and it came right up.
rsully49

Post by rsully49 »

Scratch that last fix about the nss-hostname. That didn't work either. Any ideas out there?

Return to “Networking”