Issue with WPA2 Enterprise in my school.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Russik

Issue with WPA2 Enterprise in my school.

Post by Russik »

I'm a very new Linux user, I switched from Win7 and quickly fell in love with Linux Mint 17 :)

It works perfectly at home but when I took it to school this past week, I've been unable to get a working connection, I've been through numerous websites searching for an answer but to no avail.

The issue is, that my internet perfectly connects to my school network, but I get no internet access. I tried deleting the system ca-certs)=true, but I couldn't find it in the editor, everything else was in its correct place but no ca-certs=true.
Talking to our IT consultant yielded no results, as she only said ''If linux is incompatible with wpa2 enterprise then there is nothing to be done'' But I am sure that some brilliant people in here can help me out.
I am pretty sure that the problem has something to do with certificates, but since Linux is relatively taboo in Denmark I am sure my school hasn't taken any precaution in providing Certificates to linux in a practical way, as it works perfectly for Windows and Mac systems.

The network settings are as follows:

Security:WPA&WPA2 Enterprise
Authentication:PEAP
Anonymus: Identity: *My Username here* (I found forums suggesting writing my username here, and some to leave it empty but both didn't work)
Ca Crtificate: None (I tried the Ca-certificates file in the default linux system but it didnt work.)
PEAP version: automatic.
Inner Authentication: MSCHAPc2
Username: *My username*
Password: *My Password*

I would greatly appreciate if there is a functional solution to this, as I would love being able to use Linux Mint to its full potential at school.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Issue with WPA2 Enterprise in my school.

Post by JeremyB »

Is there a certificate issued by the school to use?

Run this in terminal with a working ethernet connection after attempting to connect to the school wifi

Code: Select all

wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
You might be able to connect using Linux Mint 13 as I think this is a recent problem

Return to “Networking”