Solved huawei E589u-12 access point wifi disconnect

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wilby
Level 1
Level 1

Solved huawei E589u-12 access point wifi disconnect

Post by wilby »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: huawei E589u-12 access point wifi disconnect

Post by PatH57 »

do also check with your ISP if they have an updated firmware for the E589u-12 and log a support request with them.
All needed info can be linked to them and they may know about a setting that we could try.
Also is it better since you disabled N?
in any case you can use the usb connection.
wilby
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wilby »

Its got a update feature on the modem which I've tried and after checking it says its up to date. I'll give optus a ring this afternoon and check if they've got anything.
Also is it better since you disabled N?
It hasn't played up yet. I just done every thing I could to get it to lock up and all seems fine. I then re-enabled N to see if it'd play up but it seems fine on that to. I'll try again this afternoon and see if I can get it to fail on either.
Thanks.
wilby
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wilby »

I've given it a pretty thorough workout and cannot get it to fail with N disabled.
I can however get it to fail with N enabled, though it seems it may be less frequent than before??
So I'm fairly confident the problem may be fixed. I'll keep running with N disabled and see what happens over the next few days and post back the results here.
Thanks.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

that said it is a minor problem with the implementation of N on the router and as they will never give you this kind of download speed anyway, it won't be a high priority on their to do list....
wilby
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wilby »

Marked as solved.
I have had no problems since disabling N on my router.
Thanks for all your help PatH57.

Return to “Networking”