SOLVED No wireless after suspend - ath9k

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonallwright

Re: No wireless after suspend - ath9k

Post by jonallwright »

which script is that?

Using 32 version as it was what i used to replace xp media edition on my boys computer. Is it worth a download of the 64 version to see if that works any better.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

On resuming from suspend type the terminal commands

Code: Select all
sudo rmmod ath9k

folllowed by

sudo modprobe ath9k

If that works you can make it restart automatically by creating a shell script in the /etc/pm/sleep.d folder. Open that folder and create a blank file called wifi_wakeup or whatever you like, doesn't seem to matter. Then put in it the following and make the file executable.
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
suspend|hibernate)
/sbin/rmmod ath9k
;;
resume|thaw)
/sbin/rmmod ath9k
/sbin/modprobe ath9k
;;
esac
exit 0
send me your

inxi -Fxz
so we will see if 64bit brings more.
jonallwright

Post by jonallwright »

I have solved the issue, i downloaded and installed the 64 bit version and whoop whoop, it now suspends and resumes properly.
Thank you for all your assistance, miles better here on linux than it has been on windows. thank you so much linux users :D
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: SOLVED No wireless after suspend - ath9k

Post by all41 »

See-- a new forum member posted relavent information, followed thru, resolved the problem, posted the solution, and added SOLVED to the title.
A+ for jonallwright
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
I Know Nothing

Post by I Know Nothing »

jonallwright wrote:I have solved the issue, i downloaded and installed the 64 bit version and whoop whoop, it now suspends and resumes properly.
Interesting... will try that.

Return to “Networking”