Broadcom BCM4313 wifi not working on mint 17

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skyh3ck

Broadcom BCM4313 wifi not working on mint 17

Post by skyh3ck »

I have installed linux mint 17 32 bit, and on the first time wifi was working fine, then i activated the proprietory driver and wifi stopped working,

later i reinstaallled the mint and again without proprietory driver wifi was working, but now it is not working, its just keeps showing connecting to network

what should i do, its the most common problem and there is no clear solution for this yer, i tried it on ubuntu 14 but same problem, then i installed mint same problem,

please help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: Broadcom BCM4313 wifi not working on mint 17

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

why would you like to use the proprietary drivers from Broadcom? the open source ones are better in linux.
skyh3ck

Post by skyh3ck »

i have installed a fresh copy of mint 17, first it was working with default (not proprietory) drivers, but now not working, wifi connected but no internet access what to do now
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

if it is just an issue of installing drivers, chili55 would say http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2214110 that for a 4313 the correct command is
sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree
If other drivers are already installed, advice seems to be to purge or remove them: of the "sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source" sort of command

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... er/bcm43xx

..........if a fresh install, the linux-firmware-nonfree command should be all that is needed..............what else have you installed please?

Return to “Networking”