Can't connect to my college's secure network

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Leum

Can't connect to my college's secure network

Post by Leum »

When I try to connect to my college's wifi, I get this:
first screen.png
I know my username and password, have no idea what my anonymous identity is/should be. So I enter my username and password, then get this:
second screen.png
I don't know what that means, so I hit Ignore.

Then this screen shows up:
third screen.png
The username is already filled (and grayed out) as is the password.

I am certain that the username and password I'm entering are correct. This appears to be specifically a Linux problem as my roommate who is a PC user was able to connect with his name and password (he was not asked for an anonymous identity) with no trouble.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrBob22
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can't connect to my college's secure network

Post by MrBob22 »

Not sure I know the answer, but did you try to login and accept the request for secure CA certificate? Linux does care a lot about user rights, passwords, and file ownership. Maybe you do have the rights to be included in your college network but need to "prove it". I would contact your college IT person and explain you are trying to connect with a Linux-based computer and see what they can do to help you enter the system in a secure way. MrBob22

Return to “Networking”