Wifi And Wired Connection issue

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
protocol77

Wifi And Wired Connection issue

Post by protocol77 »

I have just installed mint 17 xfce and i have both a wifi connection using a TP-Link TL-WN822N usb adapter and i have my ethernet plugged in sometimes it will not give me the internet connection on the wifi (i use wifi for internet and ethernet for file sharing)

I have to disable the ethernet and then re-connect it to get the internet working on the wifi adapter i had a similar problem in windows and it was assigning an order to how the connections connected

is there a way to make the wifi the default connection so i can have internet and then just have ethernet for file sharing over network

Perhaps bridging i have not done this in linux though before so unsure how anyways
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Wifi And Wired Connection issue

Post by DrHu »

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/slackw ... rface.html
--try post #5 answer, change the name of the default interface being used eth0 -->wlan0 (or whatever it is called)
PatH57

Re: Wifi And Wired Connection issue

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

you could also assign a fixed ip to you ethernet card and then edit rules in your router (it will be depending on how easy your router setup is)

Return to “Networking”