Rosewill Ralink RT5370 usb wifi doesnt work

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MichaelMAS7

Rosewill Ralink RT5370 usb wifi doesnt work

Post by MichaelMAS7 »

I've been using Linux Mint 13 for a few years now and I'm still trying to get used to it. I recently purchased a Rosewill Ralink RT5370 USB Wireless Adapter for my desktop. Well I tried to install the driver using the Windows Wireless Driver installation tool and received a message that says "Invalid Driver". I looked at the package to the device and it says that it only supports Linux Kernel 2.4 and 2.6 series. My system has Linux Kernel 3.2. So I tried to find out how to "rollback" the Linux Kernel but I wasn't able to find anything. I also tried to look for an updated driver for it and once again found nothing. I contacted Rosewill about the problem but they said they do not offer technical support for Linux. So now I'm here asking how I can get my Rosewill Ralink RT5370 USB Wireless Adapter to work on my desktop computer. Oh by the way, I'm not very smart when it comes to using the terminal so if it is recommended that I use it to get my device to work I'm going to need step by step instructions on how to do that.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Rosewill Ralink RT5370 usb wifi doesnt work

Post by Kalyk »

Welcome!!

I would first try if a live usb or dvd of Linux Mint 17 supports it natively.
If so then step over to the new long term support version and you're fully up-to-date for the next few years.

If that doesn't work then go to Google and search for

Code: Select all

rt5370 site:linuxmint.com
It gives a lot of hits, some also concerning Mint 13.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.
nomko

Re: Rosewill Ralink RT5370 usb wifi doesnt work

Post by nomko »

There are a lot of solutions to be found. Better to check for yourself:
https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=ch ... nux%2Bmint

Return to “Networking”