Netgear WNA3100 USB adapter not found

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HankJS

Netgear WNA3100 USB adapter not found

Post by HankJS »

I've just installed Mint 16 on a desktop system and has not found my USB wireless WiFi adapter. This adapter worked fine with the Windows 7 OS Mint overwrote. The USB ports are recognized and other system hardware are recognized.

I went to Network Manager and the only network resource mention is wired Ethernet disconnected. Unfortunately, I can't bring a Ethernet connection to this computer. Is there any other way to find the device and set it up. The wireless network is working; I'm sending this post from another wireless computer on the network.
Thank you,
Hank Sundermeyer
Newark, DE
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: Netgear WNA3100 USB adapter not found

Post by ClutchDisc »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=92044

Does the above link help at all? I know it's for LMDE, but I wonder if it might be about the same for you?

On the other hand, if you don't want to bother with all the steps, you could just go with Powerline Ethernet for $40 on amazon. I've never had good success with the USB wireless adapters. As soon as I tried the Powerline Ethernet I was amazed.. just like a regular Ethernet connection! Here is the link if you want to know more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWR ... UTF8&psc=1
HankJS

Re: Netgear WNA3100 USB adapter not found

Post by HankJS »

Clutchdisc-

Looks complicated for my user level, but I'll try it. The command in step one did see the netgear adapter. I don't understand the syntax in step 5:
wstdcall BOOLEAN USBD_InterfaceIsDeviceHighSpeed(void *context)
{
/*struct wrap_device *wd = context;

USBTRACE("wd: %p", wd);
if (wd->usb.udev->speed == USB_SPEED_HIGH)
USBEXIT(return TRUE);
else
USBEXIT(return FALSE);*/

USBEXIT(return TRUE);
}

There's REM notation, what is the live command here?

The powerline ethernet adapters look hopeful. After we had 50K volt power surge when a car hit a pole in the neighborhood, virtually every piece of electronics is behind a surge protector.

Thank you,
Hank Sundermeyer
Newark, DE

Return to “Networking”