wifi card down -- Atheros AR9485

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gazloon

wifi card down -- Atheros AR9485

Post by gazloon »

hi

i'm been screwing aroud for 4 days (and thats also how long i use linux) now to get my wlan card up and running however after loots of googling i finaly found the command

Code: Select all

inxi -Nxx
this was my terminals responce

~ $ inxi -nxx
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k bus-ID: 03:00.0
           IF: wlan0 state: down mac: <removed>
           Card-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx port: d000 bus-ID: 04:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <removed>
so what i read is that i got a driver and that it is working but the that the card is deactivated somehow and i have realy no id how to fix this
can annyone plz help me with this?

greeds Yuri
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: wifi card down -- Atheros AR9485

Post by JeremyB »

gazloon wrote:hi

i'm been screwing aroud for 4 days (and thats also how long i use linux) now to get my wlan card up and running however after loots of googling i finaly found the command

inxi -Nxx
this was my terminals responce

~ $ inxi -nxx
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k bus-ID: 03:00.0
           IF: wlan0 state: down mac: <removed>
           Card-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx port: d000 bus-ID: 04:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <removed>
so what i read is that i got a driver and that it is working but the that the card is deactivated somehow and i have realy no id how to fix this
can annyone plz help me with this?

greeds Yuri
Hello Yuri

I have this same card working on a Lenovo, please open a terminal and enter this command- since you have a wired connection that works

wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
Please post or attach the output file wireless-info

Return to “Networking”