rt2870 wireless n adapter not working!!!!!

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mint-17

rt2870 wireless n adapter not working!!!!!

Post by mint-17 »

hello everyone currently on mint 17 cinnamon but cant seem to get my wireless n adapter working its getting very frustrating can anyone help me please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: rt2870 wireless n adapter not working!!!!!

Post by ClutchDisc »

Hi, did you try Menu > Control Center > Driver Manager? You might find a driver there for wireless.. if so, it's best to connect via Ethernet and then enable it. I hope that helps! :)
mint-17

Post by mint-17 »

ClutchDisc wrote:Hi, did you try Menu > Control Center > Driver Manager? You might find a driver there for wireless.. if so, it's best to connect via Ethernet and then enable it. I hope that helps! :)
nothing in driver manager tried changing the wpa supplicant but nothing works
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

http://www.linuxhospital.com/read/solve ... t2870.html

Not sure if you have seen this link or not, but maybe it is of some help?
mint-17

Post by mint-17 »

ClutchDisc wrote:http://www.linuxhospital.com/read/solve ... t2870.html

Not sure if you have seen this link or not, but maybe it is of some help?

yeah thanks tried that none of the solutions seems to work, could it be too do with the linux kernel 3......?
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Hmm.. not sure. That is going beyond my current knowledge level, so hopefully someone else can chime in. :(

Return to “Networking”