Linux/Windows 7 Workgroup Issue

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PublicNuisance

Linux/Windows 7 Workgroup Issue

Post by PublicNuisance »

I am having problems getting my Linux Mint Computer to access shares on Windows PC and with the Windows computer accessing shares on the Mint computer.

The Mint computer is wireless but will be wired shortly. They can each see the shares on the other computer but are denied access.

Here are the errors, any idea how I can fix it ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: Linux/Windows 7 Workgroup Issue

Post by ClutchDisc »

I don't have any experience with the program you are using, so I can't help there. But I do know that Samba works well between Windows and Linux. https://www.samba.org/ Just wanted to through that out there. I haven't personally used it before, but I've heard a lot of good things on it.
PublicNuisance

Post by PublicNuisance »

ClutchDisc wrote:I don't have any experience with the program you are using, so I can't help there. But I do know that Samba works well between Windows and Linux. https://www.samba.org/ Just wanted to through that out there. I haven't personally used it before, but I've heard a lot of good things on it.
I'm using Samba on my Linux Mint machine. I have the share set up to use User authentication. Any tips on what you did to get Samba working ?
PublicNuisance

Post by PublicNuisance »

I got it working. I had to edit the sharing properties.
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Glad you got it working, because I wouldn't have really been able to help.. I haven't used Samba, just heard that it's good.

Return to “Networking”