Problem with network drive

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oryl

Problem with network drive

Post by oryl »

Qiana 64-bit, cinnamon (final release).
I can:
- Listen to the music from my network drive by audacious - to do that, I have to go to: Network -> MYBOOKLIVE -> Public -> Shared Music, then right click on mp3 file/fliles & choose: Open with Audacious.
I can't:
- Add any new mp3 file/files to playlist, because network drive is not listed in choose box in audacious.
Network drive is visible (listed) in file manager & represented by the icon on the desktop (after i connect to it). In previous releases of Linux Mint, that feature worked perfectly. Anybody could help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Problem with network drive

Post by DrHu »

Why your remote(network) hard drive does not appear in your audacious library list, I don't know
--however every media/music player manages its own functions, usually ignoring file manager integration unless their is an option provided within the that application (the media player/manager)
ITunes and others operate in a similar fashion
Quebecman

Re: Problem with network drive

Post by Quebecman »

When you look up the folder location, go under

Code: Select all

/var/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:drive_name
where "drive_name" will be the name of your drive on the network.

Return to “Networking”