Issues connecting to Wifi

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drg889

Issues connecting to Wifi

Post by drg889 »

Hi everybody,

Super new to Linux in general, but seem to be having an issue connecting to my router in LinuxMint 13 Cinnamon 64-bit. Every time I try to connect, it does prompt me for encryption key/password, however, does not allow me to input more or less (exactly) 5 characters. I went in and manually set the security/password, however, it just won't connect at all. My wireless adapter card is a Rosewill one, RNX-N250PC2.

I do feel like I'm missing something obvious, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Issues connecting to Wifi

Post by The-Wizard »

your wireless adaptor has the Atheros 92** series chipset,

found the following possible fix..
Open a terminal and use the following commands one by one:

sudo su
echo "options ath9k nohwcrypt=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Issues connecting to Wifi

Post by karlchen »

nakedgary's posts in this thread have been added to his dedicated own thread about wifi rtl8192CE not working in Mint 17
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Networking”