[solved] Wifi often asking for password ! It forgets it !!

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nandayo
Level 2
Level 2

[solved] Wifi often asking for password ! It forgets it !!

Post by nandayo »

Hello,

I have been facing a wifi trouobleshooting for few weeks now : everytime I put the wifi off, and on again, linux mint ask me for the password of my wifi network... This is really annoying, and most of time, it remembers the password, only sometimes it forget it and ask me again (except when I put the wifi off and on, then it always forget the password).

I hadn't this kind of problems in the past... any idea how to fix it ? This is really pissing me off >:o

Thanks !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Don_Pedro
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Wifi often asking for password ! It forgets it !!

Post by Don_Pedro »

When the WiFi signal is really weak ,sometime, it asked me to reconnect and asks again the password but as the password is kept I just click on connect, again.

cordially
P.
Mint 21.2 64-bit , Cinnamon
Think Pad T420 Ram:8 GB Intel© Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 2 SSD Samsung- Firefox/Brave
Tate

Post by Tate »

What type of network are you trying to connect to and how's the signal strength? For example WPA, WPA2-Personal, WPA2-Enterprise w/ 802.11x. A little more info about the network would help.
nandayo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nandayo »

Hello,

I found the reason of this behavior by chance : few weeks ago, I changed the password of my wifi.

I mean, I'm not stupid, this is just that when I you change a wifi password, linux mint does not remember it when you enter it after it asks password, linux mint keeps the old password in the parameters and then still ask you the password each time...

This is not really smart, this should be fixed...

Well, then problem solved.

Return to “Networking”