[SOLVED] LM13 and Atheros AR9285 issue

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Windowsfree2013

[SOLVED] LM13 and Atheros AR9285 issue

Post by Windowsfree2013 »

I have a Lenovo S10 with a Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E Card in it and LM13 is not recognizing it. It has a built in Broadcom card that is disabled in the BIOS. Any suggestions?

1.6GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor
1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
10.2″ WSVGA AntiGlare TFT with integrated camera 1024×600
160GB 5400rpm hard drive
Intel GMA 950 Integrated Graphics
​Broadcom 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless and Bluetooth

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: LM13 and Atheros AR9285 issue

Post by The-Wizard »

try using additional drivers / driver manager [you may have to be internet connected by other means first]
Windowsfree2013

Would the Broadcom drivers be available that way? I would like to try and use the built in wireless as the Atheros seemed not as good when using the WinXP OS that was on the netbook when i got it. I am not sure why the Atheros was added in, since the Broadcom seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

depending on which broad come, if its BC 43** series yes, but you will net to connect to the net by some other means to download them from the repository..
[menu... all applications....driver manager [sometimes listed as additional drivers] open and select search , it takes a little while, when/if it finds what you want select use this driver then enter]
Windowsfree2013

Ok, thanks for the guidance, I will attempt that later today and advise on the board. Windows only reported it as a Broadcom network adaptor. Thanks again.

The-Wizard wrote:depending on which broad come, if its BC 43** series yes, but you will net to connect to the net by some other means to download them from the repository..
[menu... all applications....driver manager [sometimes listed as additional drivers] open and select search , it takes a little while, when/if it finds what you want select use this driver then enter]
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

in terminal type.. lspci that will give all the info on your pci devices, lsusb will give info on usb devices attach at the time
Windowsfree2013

Haven't been able to get to the issue yet, but will either today or tomorrow. Thank you.
Windowsfree2013

SOLVED Re: LM13 and Atheros AR9285 issue

The hardware switch issue has become such a great problem with this that I decided to use Windows 7 on this Netbook. All the hardware works and no issue with performance. Even Aero runs decent. I will upgrade the RAM from 1 to 2 gigabytes later. I do believe a linux version with an XFCE desktop would run somewhat better but the hardware issue that the Linux OS has with this is just too much of a problem. Thank you all for your assistance.

Return to “Networking”