wifi hard blocked

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mandoman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: wifi hard blocked

Post by mandoman »

Thanks Zorba, I have taken note of your suggestion. It is now in my ever growing list of "how to's" for linux mint. :D
What was that code again?
Phreakaccident12

Post by Phreakaccident12 »

Is there any chance that this issue will resolve itself when I actually install on my computer? I'm currently running live atm and am having a hard block issue. I have one of those stupid little wifi switches on the front of my computer, and even though its switched on its apparently causing a hard block, but if I wre to install would this maybe resolve the issue?

I'm currently having this issue on a Lenovo B575,

Wireless card: Ralink corp. RT3090 wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe
mandoman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mandoman »

This may be a stupid question, but did you try switching the wifi to the off position while booted up, and then rebooting, and then come back and try switching the wifi back on? Ah, never mind. I'm sure you tried that. Did you try

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
?

No, if you followed the previous suggestions, then you tried that already.

It's a difficult thing to figure out, it seems. I've found more than one situation where my wifi is being blocked, and not all of them are from hard blocks, or soft blocks.
What was that code again?
Mac69

Post by Mac69 »

I am a new user of Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon Dell computer. I noticed that laptops have a wifi switch on them. Make sure it is turn to the open position before trying to unblock hard blocks thru terminal commands. I felt ridiculous when it was brought to my attention. FYI.
Last edited by karlchen on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locking old thread which should rest in peace.

Return to “Networking”