No way to make HP LaserJet 1020 (usb) working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sajidtoor

Re: No way to make HP LaserJet 1020 (usb) working

Post by sajidtoor »

HP Laser Jet 1020 absolute working.it outstanding printer.
asparagus

Post by asparagus »

Hi,

I have had problems with my Hp 1018 in Mint. The printer worked fine in Ubuntu.

In Mint it worked only when printer was powered on during system startup.

My problem has been fixed by running sudo hp-setup and configuring new printer.

Hope it helps.

BR
gerbreown

Post by gerbreown »

At a terminal just enter "sudo hp-setup" and it will download the required driver and you should be able to print. :lol:
chiriones

Post by chiriones »

I got an HP LaserJet 1020 via USB working today with Linux Mint 17.1.

I went to the hp support page for drivers for the 1020 and selected Linux and follow the dialogs to select the distribution. I was told that HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing driver) is already included with the Linux Mint distribution.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... uct=439320&

I clicked to download the driver anyway, and got sent to the HPLIP website where I downloaded the latest version of hplip.
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/in ... index.html

Following the instructions on that page, I ran the driver installer, entering the defaults to all of the prompts. Near the very end of the installation, the installer ran hp-setup, a gui window and I saw a message that said that something like "An additional driver plugin is required to operate this printer". The installer offered to download it for me and install it, so I selected OK. Once the plugin was installed, suddenly the printer came to life and I was able to print a test page.

After that, the printer worked great!

The installer also installed an hp status program that shows an icon in the notification area of my launcher panel. It is much nicer that the status info that is included with the distro printer setup.

I probably could have run hp-setup from the start and skipped the download and install of an updated HPLIP, but that's what I did anyway, and it now works.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”