Empty disk after successful burning on Linux Mint 17

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Empty disk after successful burning on Linux Mint 17

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have Ubuntu 14.04 running in dual-boot with Linux Mint 17 (both 64bit) on a brand new Dell Inspiron N4050 i3 and I'm having a serious burning issue; Everytime I try to burn something I end up with a blank DVD/CD no matter what tool I use (Brasero, xfburn...) on both distros.

Edit: I keep getting this error message whenever I insert a CD/DVD:

Code: Select all

UNABLE TO MOUNT BLANK DVD-R DISC. Location is already mounted
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Empty disk after successful burning on Linux Mint 17

Post by austin.texas »

Hi, Zorba.
Zorba wrote: Everytime I try to burn something I end up with a DVD/CD no matter what tool I use
That is a good thing. You should end up with a DVD/CD. Did you mean to say "a blank DVD/CD" ?
Zorba wrote:Edit: I keep getting this error message whenever I insert a CD/DVD:

Code: Select all

UNABLE TO MOUNT BLANK DVD-R DISC. Location is already mounted
All you have to do is close the error message and proceed.
I believe that when you are running Brasero, Brasero tries to mount it when you insert it, but Mint has already automounted it. If that is not exactly it, it is something similar.
You might eliminate that error message by opening System Settings > Preferred Applications > Removeable Media > check Never Prompt
But that would affect other things...
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Brahim Salem

Re: Empty disk after successful burning on Linux Mint 17

Post by Brahim Salem »

austin.texas wrote:Hi, Zorba.
Zorba wrote: Everytime I try to burn something I end up with a DVD/CD no matter what tool I use
That is a good thing. You should end up with a DVD/CD. Did you mean to say "a blank DVD/CD" ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes blank DVD/CD man that's funny. I wasn't expecting to end up with a USB flash drive after burning a CD/DVD:lol: :lol:

Return to “Hardware Support”